Holiday Card

Started by cdicthomas, December 15, 2007, 06:48:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cdicthomas

Hello Planetside Forum members.  This is my first post, but I have been following what has been going on and really excited about the Feb. release.

I have been working on my Christmas Card for this year and wanted to post it to the forum for feedback.

It is a simple seen with Photoshoped christmas lights and balls post rendered.  That kindof sounds painfull!

I tried to include the cool snow effects from the posts here, but it was really splatchy (not enough snow coverage).  I want to also try the snow on the trees effect, but that sounds like it works better as a modelled effects than the TG2 shader. 

I would like to hear your comments (pos and neg) and if you can make any improvements, please post it.
How do I post the .tgd File?

PS. I was wonder on the legal restrictions on posting .obj files created with other software.  In other words I  own Onyx Tree Storm, Max and Maya.  I could obviously post any files I create but what about the trees from Onyx?  I aready see a couple of their files that have been converted, so I just wonder if what the legal issues are on posting that type of model?

Not sure if the image will display show let me know if the problems
Thanks for your help and have a happy holiday!
CT

cdicthomas

Ok I need to fix the link.

Try this.

(I have edited the link for you - Matt)

cdicthomas

Ok I need help.

I have this image on my website.  URL is www. cat-designs.com.  I have a sub-folder called TG2 Files (with a space).  Then I have the .jpg and .tgd under that folder.  The image I want to post is called Christmas Card2007.jpg and the tgd is similar.  How do I get the image link to work and then I want to post the tgd file.

Help Please!
CT

Matt

I have fixed the link for you. There was an error in the URL (you had replaced www with a http).

You can post the .tgd as an attachment to a post (under Additional Options before you press Post).

Matt
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

cdicthomas

Thanks for fixing the link Matt.
CT