new monitor 27"

Started by Dune, July 12, 2021, 05:44:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KlausK

Quote from: Dune on July 24, 2021, 09:12:35 AMI can't hook the eizo through usb as it only has vga and dvi inputs.
I am quite surprised that you say that because I have the same monitor right in front of me here.

FlexScan S2431W Slim Edge. This is what it looks like on my monitor - see attached picture.
Never saw any other version of that monitor before. But what do I know...
Apparently all I learned and used in the last 45 years seems to come from another planet ::) :'( :P

CHeers, Klaus
/ ASUS WS Mainboard / Dual XEON E5-2640v3 / 64GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 TI / Win7 Ultimate . . . still (||-:-||)

WAS

Yeah, you need a Type B Male to A Male. The other two USB ports will also then work with the PC too. That's what my monitor uses for it's "True Color" app.

Dune

Thanks for your input too, Jordan. Here's an interesting article about colors and screens. It seems 6500K is standard for lcd screens, lower is preferred for print and dtp work (because print is usually watched in warmer light), and higher (9300) for tv, etc. https://www.eizoglobal.com/library/basics/color_temperature_on_an_LCD_monitor/
In the ProArt I made some changes (there are filters), so I took off a little of the strong bluish tints. In the Eizo I increased brightness (which was set too low), and they come together a little. The Eizo is not important anyway, as that's only to go online.

Toggle

I wouldn't go too big with a monitor.

WAS

Quote from: Dune on July 25, 2021, 01:54:06 AMThanks for your input too, Jordan. Here's an interesting article about colors and screens. It seems 6500K is standard for lcd screens, lower is preferred for print and dtp work (because print is usually watched in warmer light), and higher (9300) for tv, etc. https://www.eizoglobal.com/library/basics/color_temperature_on_an_LCD_monitor/
In the ProArt I made some changes (there are filters), so I took off a little of the strong bluish tints. In the Eizo I increased brightness (which was set too low), and they come together a little. The Eizo is not important anyway, as that's only to go online.

Yeah color temp should be about 5000k, around abouts the sun for best viewing lighting.