Outcroppage

Started by pixelpusher636, December 13, 2021, 09:38:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pixelpusher636

Nothing anyone has seen here a thousand times but I'm happy where this one's headed. The bottom portion of the valley is going to have water streams and tiers if I'm able to pull that off. (:
The more I use Terragen, the more I realize the world is not so small.

Stormlord

A good start to go on with it.
I would try to scatter the trees more irregular and with more complexity. More bushes and some gras here and there...some big stones... just more complexity...
The stone tones and the overall colours looks pretty natural.

STORMLORD

mhaze

sboerner

Nice work. Never get tired of scenes like this. Looking forward to seeing it with the valley streams.

aknight0

Love it!  The color and layers remind me a lot of southern Utah where I grew up.  

RedHill.jpg

pixelpusher636

Thanks for all the kind words folks.

I was largely unsuccessful creating the water tiers how I'd imagined them. And got sidetracked during my failed attempts. I've not given up, just learning new skills and will one days revisit. My creations are limited by my knowledge of TG and I tend to fall short at times. 

One day I hope to be like many of you where I have a vision for something and just go and create it with little or no constriction. Wow, reading that sounds so far off and exciting to think of that day!

pixelpusher636

It's a true complement to receive comments from the folks who commented. Many of you giants in the forums with great talent.

WAS

Awesome work! Strata looks nice. Kinda like it was once a very dry region.

pixelpusher636

Quote from: WAS on January 13, 2022, 01:00:49 PMAwesome work! Strata looks nice. Kinda like it was once a very dry region.
Speaking of giants... thanks WAS! this predates the awesome Voronoi displacement shader. I believe this might well have been more interesting with that tool.

pclavett

Really nice work....love the terraces !