Render goes All Black

Started by PabloMack, January 30, 2022, 12:55:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PabloMack

I'm still using TG 4.0.04 and I've seen this happen before on my new (relatively speaking) AMD 5950X. I did a render of just a portion of the sky with a modified benchmark using the camera so that it is looking above the landscape and zoomed in a bit. The image looks normal until it is finished then the whole render goes black. If I save it to a TIF it is still all black but it has the correct resolution. The following describes my system right off the vendor's website:

CyberPowerPC Gamer Supreme SLC10640CPG Overview

The CyberPowerPC Gamer Supreme Liquid Cool Desktop Computer is a ready-to-use gaming system with the performance and aesthetics to match. Specs-wise, it's equipped with a 3.4 GHz AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16-Core processor, 16GB of DDR4 RAM, and a 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD paired with a 2TB 5400 rpm SATA HDD. The dedicated NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 graphics card features 8GB of GDDR6 VRAM and allows you to take full advantage of real-time ray tracing and DLSS. With these combined, this system can quickly boot and load applications as well as play graphically demanding games at 1440p. Other integrated features include Wi-Fi 5, Gigabit Ethernet, HDMI and DisplayPort outputs, and multiple USB and audio ports. The operating system installed is Windows 10 Home and it comes with an RGB USB keyboard and mouse so you can get started as soon as possible; you'll just need a monitor (sold separately).

Screen.png

PabloMack

I redid the render (with no setting changes) and this time only the Green and Red channels are present. The Blue is missing so the clouds look yellow and the sky looks yellow-green. I suppose that, on the first render, all three color channels were missing and so I ended up with all black.

Matt

I recommend updating to 4.1.25. Anyone who has a license for 4.0 or 4.1 is eligible for 4.1.xx updates, regardless of when your maintenance expired. Lots of bugs were fixed between 4.0.04 and 4.1.25.

If the built-in update checker doesn't show this to you, you can find it by logging into your account at https://planetside.co.uk/my-account/ and going to "Purchase History" or "View and Manage Licenses".
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

PabloMack

Thanks Matt,

I had downloaded and installed 4.1.25 on my main system but not on my new rendering system. So removed and installed the new version and now I'm rendering again. It should work okay now.