German cinema

Started by Balletdude, March 31, 2022, 04:43:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Balletdude

I'm currently working on research for an exhibition proposal I'm putting together. 
Last year i bought an auction lot of photo albums. In there was a collection of vintage film stills from around the 1920s of what I think are french/german films of the period. I'm having trouble identifying them, I wonder if anyone can help

WAS

Wow. Those are really cool photos. I don't recognize anyone, though the the many at his desk is actually familiar.

Have you tried reverse image search to see if anyone else has scanned those same images from other sources?

Balletdude

yeah tried reverse image search. There's a possibility that these may be quite rare, as lots of images like this would have been lost during WW2
The woman, looks a bit like Brigitte Helm from Metropolis 

WAS

Quote from: Balletdude on March 31, 2022, 01:11:55 PMThe woman, looks a bit like Brigitte Helm from Metropolis

The exposure and lighting is very similar, and her style.

These could be in fact rare, and may be of historical significance. I wonder if there is a place you could take them or send them that could verify their source. I'm intrigued. They look "high budget". The cinematography is amazing.

Dune

I would ask some bigger cinema corp in Germany of France. Great images, btw. They might even offer you some big bucks for them if they are rare.

Hannes

Yesterday I searched a bit on Google. I couldn't find anything, but the woman looks indeed a bit like Brigitte Helm. But I don't think, it's her, because on other pictures she looks quite different.
Quite a challenge.

Balletdude

Quote from: Hannes on April 01, 2022, 01:55:36 AMYesterday I searched a bit on Google. I couldn't find anything, but the woman looks indeed a bit like Brigitte Helm. But I don't think, it's her, because on other pictures she looks quite different.
Quite a challenge.
I thought it looked like her, also there was a letter and a collection of images from a film called The Loves of Jeannie Ney (pretty sure these aren't from that film) and Brigitte Helm was in that, so I thought it could have been a stat, though I can't find any that match online