Dune's Horizon Adventure

Started by Dune, April 30, 2022, 10:38:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

;D  I got this idea today to make something with a strange Horizon Phenomenon, featuring a bunch of Romans and a mysterious contraption they've made to pierce the horizon. First iteration; I have to figure out if this is what I want, and if, so what to add. All in one go, no tricks 8)

Hannes

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  Cool!! Weird stuff and great characters!!

WAS

Well that's fascinating. I'm not sure what's happening, but it's cool! Lol

zaxxon

I love the image, but have no idea of what is happening. But it is intriguing as as it can get!  I can think of various plots and sub-plots here; Dr. Strange meets Ben Hur, Gladiator meets Startrek. I guess the 'Horizons' are maybe: the past meets the future or maybe when Science meets Nature?  Some really great ideas blended into a fine landscape. Who cares what the Judge's may think, I like it!

Dune

Thank you, guys. I'm never one to go for the easy renders, I'm afraid, though I anticipate such an image to be a winner. I will give away my prizes anyway, so what's to loose?
And I like to put a little confusion in the viewers mind. Stir the brain a bit :o

Two more versions, for now. Maybe I should make the Horizon now Holes more like Real Gaps. The machine obviously doesn't yet work as it should (that's why the mechanics are fiddling with it). Or I should point it at the holes, but that's hard as I like to show both holes/gaps.

Dune

This will be my entry, sending in soon, before I forget  :P  I added some lensflare and chromatic abberation, things I usually don't pursue, so it's just for the sake of Photo-Realism. 

'The 2000 Year Horizon'

Hannes

Beautiful! A fantastic lighting, and the egetation looks very natural. And I really love your cloth work!
Good luck!!

KlausK

I like that theme much more than the first one.
One thing: the smoke coming from the building in the back is a little bit strange. Very cut-off and sharp.

Good luck!

Cheers, Klaus
/ ASUS WS Mainboard / Dual XEON E5-2640v3 / 64GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 TI / Win7 Ultimate . . . still (||-:-||)

Dune

Quote from: KlausK on May 17, 2022, 07:23:42 AMthe smoke coming from the building in the back is a little bit strange. Very cut-off and sharp.
Too late ;D  It's being dispersed by higher winds, kind of like this.

Thanks guys.

zaxxon

That is a very strong image!  I really like how the high saturation colors in the foreground create additional distance from the background. The scene tells a story in a beautiful way and has a surreal yet believable quality. Good Luck!

WAS

These are the sort of images that beg for a short story or something. 

I like the boundary improvements in the latest. 

DannyG

Beautiful work Ulco, colors ... Cloth like Hannes mentioned, composition .. everything is spot on! Good Luck
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

Dune

Thanks guys! Now I hope to see more work arising here. And elsewhere... anyone know if any other softwares have their place for WIP's?