My contribution

Started by René, July 04, 2022, 03:44:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

René

My contribution to the 'Horizons' contest.

Dune

Great render. I hope you are in time, I didn't see it on the site yet. Good luck!

René

Yeah. I struggled a bit with converting from AM EST to Dutch time. And otherwise next time maybe.  :)  

Ariel DK

Is on the site finally, good luck!
PD: The ship's trail is done in TG? Im really curious about it :o
Hmmm, what version of Terragen does God use?

René

Ariel DK:
Thanks!
It is a cloud layer masked with a painted condensation trail(image map). Initially I used two circular simple shape shaders as masks. That worked well but was very difficult to manipulate, i.e. to get it in the right place.

Dune

A bent 'projection' from a simple shape would probably also work, and there are possibilities with blue nodes, but then it gets a little more complicated.
That trail you made is really cool, btw.

René

Blue nodes are beyond my grasp. I have now used a mask with camera projection. In general that works fine provided you don't change the viewpoint of the render camera.
It would be nice to have the ability to assign clouds to objects that could be scaled or otherwise deformed.

Dune

That would indeed be very handy.

Hannes

Fantastic image, René!!!

Ariel DK

Quote from: René on July 04, 2022, 11:51:17 AMAriel DK:
Thanks!
It is a cloud layer masked with a painted condensation trail(image map). Initially I used two circular simple shape shaders as masks. That worked well but was very difficult to manipulate, i.e. to get it in the right place.

Thanks for the explanation. I send you a PM abou it so i don't unnecessary hickjack your thread haha
Hmmm, what version of Terragen does God use?

WAS

This turned out really cool. I love the colour scheme of this. Great work, and good luck!