Hannes' Horizon thread

Started by Hannes, April 10, 2022, 12:04:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zaxxon

That's coming together rather quickly, and very nicely starting to tell a story. It's a sort of minor 'future shock' moment though that there are 3D meshes out there of celebrities heads, and not just heads but whole body scans! Given the latest Meta Humans and Unreal 5 demos, maybe we'll no longer need some of the annoying Hollywood types to make our movies... ;)

KlausK

Quote from: Dune on April 11, 2022, 07:21:12 AMIf you send me the obj and how it should look I can try making a scarf in Marvelous Designer.
Does that already count as "Team work"? Would be a shame if a picture was rejected because of something like this :o ...just thinking out loud :-\
CHeers, Klaus
/ ASUS WS Mainboard / Dual XEON E5-2640v3 / 64GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 TI / Win7 Ultimate . . . still (||-:-||)

Hannes

Oh, I didn't think of that. Maybe Danny can chime in. Ulco made a wonderful piece of cloth and sent it to me. It looks sooo nice. I found that in the reference images it's actually a shirt Ellie uses as a head scarf, and Ulco made one. Thanks again!!
Actually I think it would be a little bit too picky to call that teamwork, since we constantly use other models that were made by someone else.

KlausK

My thoughts exactly, but better safe than sorry, right ;)

CHeers, Klaus
/ ASUS WS Mainboard / Dual XEON E5-2640v3 / 64GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 TI / Win7 Ultimate . . . still (||-:-||)

Hannes

Dune

I'd say it's no problem. Otherwise nobody would be able to use any tree or asset purchased or downloaded. Thinking along this line.... it would not be really fair if contestants would buy (or get) high-poly, awfully nice photoreal scans/assets, and just compose their image with those. A bit of sky and you're done. Then you might as well render an imported great photograph ::)

DannyG

Quote from: Hannes on April 12, 2022, 06:36:38 AMOh, I didn't think of that. Maybe Danny can chime in. Ulco made a wonderful piece of cloth and sent it to me. It looks sooo nice. I found that in the reference images it's actually a shirt Ellie uses as a head scarf, and Ulco made one. Thanks again!!
Actually I think it would be a little bit too picky to call that teamwork, since we constantly use other models that were made by someone else.

That's absolutely fine Hannes. Looks great BTW
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

WAS

It's just an asset, well an addition to an asset. If this were to be too literal you'd think 3rd party assets wouldn't be allowed at all, as it's someone else's work, whether you have permission to use it or not. 

How you use that asset in your art is the question, is it going to add/take from the scenes artistic composition. That's what is being judged ultimately. And if someone were to help you with the composition, atmosphere, or whatever in your compiled scene, than it's more a collaboration on a art piece.

My interpretation at least. 

Hannes

WAS

Your scenes fan-theme makes it pretty cool imo. 

Also, on a side topic to assets, it would be interesting to see a contest in the future with no 3rd party assets. I am poor so I am trying to literally create what I need for my vision. Definitely a challenge. 😂

Dune

So, we won't tell you to shift the camera a millimeter for a better POV, Hannes ;D
@WAS : that would indeed be interesting, but less for prize sponsors, I guess. Oops, hijacking now, sorry.

Hannes

Quote from: Dune on April 13, 2022, 02:40:21 AMI guess. Oops, hijacking now, sorry.
No problem, Ulco!

I just thought the same. A contest with TG as it is with no additional stuff would be quite interesting. But that would probably be a more internal thing, since the NWDA contests aren't restricted to the use of Terragen only.

masonspappy

Quote from: sboerner on April 10, 2022, 08:39:47 PM. . . aaaand there's Dr. Eleanor Arroway with her hat.  :)
Was thinking the same thing... :)

Hannes

Sorry for not posting any other WIPs, but I was so focused on improving stuff, that I forgot it.

OK, here are two possible entries.
It's more or less the same contents except two pedestrians and a dog. Two different light settings and POVs. I'm a little bit stuck at the moment, and I can't decide which one looks better...

Dune

Great! Hard to tell which one is best, indeed. The right one is nice because of the details of the car, but the left one is nicer because of the more spaciousness.
Btw. are the rails the right size? They look so big.