Vector questions

Started by Valri, April 19, 2022, 05:26:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valri

Quote from: sboerner on April 23, 2022, 09:21:19 PMHope it goes well. Looking forward to seeing it.

And here it is!
Put that in your pipeline and smoke it!

sboerner

Looking good! Love the detail and texturing in the landmasses, and the shapes look completely believable. (Maybe dial back the exposure 1-2 EV? Looking a little overexposed here, and much of the cloud detail is lost.)

Hannes

I guess, Steve is right. Looks a little overexposed. The land mass is fantastic!!! The clouds could maybe need some more work, although I know, planetary clouds are very difficult. Maybe a high res image map might look more natural?

WAS

If you're using v2 in space view mode, they are very solid, and over-exposed looking. Try to just not use it, and instead, up edge and density in normal mode.

Valri

Yeah I should adjust the look of the clouds, and the lighting is fine in my opinion, but maybe looking through it on my old dim monitor has it looking ok for me, the client is ok with this for now, so I'm happy

and what do you mean by V2? 

WAS

V2 clouds are the only one that are global, and they have a "View from space" lighting model, which imo, is no that great.

Valri

Quote from: WAS on May 04, 2022, 03:44:45 PMV2 clouds are the only one that are global, and they have a "View from space" lighting model, which imo, is no that great.
oh right, I forgot they were the V2 clouds, I'm not using the  "View from space", I just need to make some adjustments here and there to make them look at least "better" I swear the global clouds need a huge overhaul, I can never figure out how to get a whole planet's cloud system to look hyperrealistic, maybe one day a global cloud simulator will be a feature, or maybe as a plug in

WAS

Yeah, no, it's all custom done. Besides easy clouds it's all done by hand. I shared a global coverage cloud system I think a couple times. Not sure under what topics. 

I was hoping to have the author of gaseous giganticus update it to allow 32bit float output so we could do white on black cloud Sims and use them as mask with good detail, but he didn't understand what I was saying, which turned to him getting frustrated, and than randomly insulting me, than disappeared for a month and claimed I got him banned for his public behavior on heavily monitored GitHub... So don't think we are on talking terms anymore. Lol

Valri

Quote from: WAS on May 04, 2022, 04:08:55 PMYeah, no, it's all custom done. Besides easy clouds it's all done by hand. I shared a global coverage cloud system I think a couple times. Not sure under what topics.

I was hoping to have the author of gaseous giganticus update it to allow 32bit float output so we could do white on black cloud Sims and use them as mask with good detail, but he didn't understand what I was saying, which turned to him getting frustrated, and than randomly insulting me, than disappeared for a month and claimed I got him banned for his public behavior on heavily monitored GitHub... So don't think we are on talking terms anymore. Lol
Oh jezz that sucks, maybe one day there will be a whole new next-gen full world/terrain creator, well... maybe UE5 will save the day somehow lol