KlausK`s Horizon WIP

Started by KlausK, April 26, 2022, 09:04:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KlausK

So, I am going to give it a try, I think ::)

I have a few ideas on my mind which I`ll try to visualize in form of previz pics.
More or less like loose sketches. Let`s see where that leads to in the end.

CHeers, Klaus
/ ASUS WS Mainboard / Dual XEON E5-2640v3 / 64GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 TI / Win7 Ultimate . . . still (||-:-||)

KlausK

First one coming up: "Boy in the bubble" ;)

CHeers, Klaus
/ ASUS WS Mainboard / Dual XEON E5-2640v3 / 64GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 TI / Win7 Ultimate . . . still (||-:-||)

WAS

Wow, that's definitely something different. Very interest vision for sure here. Good work so far.

Dune

That is indeed something to ponder about, I like the almost abstract concept. But keep in mind that jury would want to see (photographic) realism. That is, if your aim is to win ;)

Hannes

Quite different and interesting, Klaus!

KlausK

thx everyone.

As mentioned - realism is not important at this stage.
That - hopefully - will be introduced in the phase when I go for the final image ;)
For now I am just visualizing ideas. My main concern is to channel all I am thinking into ONE image at the end, haha.
But Terragen landscapes won`t be at the heart of my image, that is for sure.

For these first tryouts I am using my old and trusty Softimage and the even older LightWave.

CHeers, Klaus

zaxxon

An intriguing concept! Hopefully the Judges will not be looking for only images showing vast distances and not see the subtleties of interpretation  of what 'Horizons' can mean. It looked like Danny's examples were mostly landscape horizons, which are inspiring, but by no means the only way to portray 'Horizons'. To portray more abstract concepts is definitely a greater challenge, one that I hope the Judges will understand and appreciate.  

Softimage. Wow. Wasn't that a great program. Autodesk...  I still have a working copy somewhere, alongside Mirai.  Both were works of Art, and deserved better.

KlausK

@zaxxon : thx!

I have no doubt that the judges are going to do that.
But for that - and here I agree - it has to be a very conving concept and technically high profile picture.
I will try my best to achieve. Let`s see how far my skills take me.

Softimage - don`t get me started >:( :P
Mirai is still here somewhere but I used that only for a very short time.

CHeers, Klaus

KlausK

A few minutes ago I submitted my picture. Not sure if I was still in time. Very last minute :-\
In the end the abstract concept did not work out in time so it turned out to be a more "traditional" theme.

So here it is:

"Making Choices:Silent Sorrow In Empty Boats"

CHeers, Klaus

Dune

Good luck to you too, Klaus. A strange, but very thought-provoking image. Makes you wonder what happened here....

KlausK