Trees population study

Started by EmDee1, December 22, 2007, 10:53:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

j meyer

Pretty convincing!
What about the plants,free stuff,commercial,selfmade?

EmDee1

The trees and bushes: Onyx software, commercial. I made some grasses myself with Bantam 3D Grass, freeware: found a link here on the Planetside Forums a few months ago, but can't find it anymore.

Tangled-Universe

What a great image, really like it. Good job!
Only thing I'd change for sure is to remove the 'firs' (those are firs aren't they? those dark cone shaped trees?). I think they don't match the vegetation, somehow.
The rest of the scene vegetation is very convincing, like I said: well done :)

EmDee1

Thank you Tangled-Universe. The "cone shaped trees" you mentioned are actually kind of bamboo or reed bushes. I attached one here...

Tangled-Universe

Oh man...what did I say :(
This is so emberassing, I thought they were coned shaped dark trees but it is the ground which is dark and gives that illusion. Well, it gave me the illusion at 1.20 a.m., need I say more ;) haha *lol*.
It's a very nice bush. Trees or not, I think you should change the color of the ground/soil. It's a too great contrast.
Sorry to sound picky :)

Martin

EmDee1

That's okay, :D, I appreciate you wanna share your sincere comment! You could be right about the contrast, but it's more a matter of softening the shadows I guess, they seem to be a bit to strong or to black. The colour of the soil isn't black, it's green, the kind of green you see in the rest of the picture...
Greetings.

sonshine777

sjefen

ArtStation: https://www.artstation.com/royalt

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X
128 GB RAM
GeForce RTX 3060 12GB

otakar

No, it's not just very nice, it's spectacular. Great job on the population and making it all look believable. It's no easy task. Population control is tricky and having the colors and shapes come together is not any easier.

One of my favorite renders with TG2P :)

Oshyan

The realism holds up well at the larger size. A really excellent picture. I like the composition and the populations are also well integrated. Rather than many images that look too simple, focused on only one vegetation type, this has a good mix with plants in a realistic distribution. My only criticism would be the foreground branch bottom-right looks cut off. Otherwise it's great.

- Oshyan

EmDee1

Thanks people for your kind comments. Oshyan, your absolutely right about that strange cut off branch.
I had noticed it my self, and every time I looked at that particular spot I tried to convince myself it didn't show or at least it didn't harm the picture too much...Oh well, maybe one more render then... ;D

EmDee1

Okay, this must be the final one...It's starting to feel like work :D

rcallicotte

Very nice.  It's starting to look real.   ;D
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?