House on hill

Started by Dune, May 18, 2022, 12:50:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hannes

Cool! Looking forward to it. :)

Dune

Well, here you go. A series of first iterations, slowly managing to get it together. As you see I had some trouble with the lighting (4), as the glass sheet is doing shadows and I wanted different light in front of the glass and behind to get the 'imaginary landscape' separated from the hall. So a spotlight and 3 suns I believe.
In reconstructing my painting I noticed that the painting wasn't correct (but it was painted from imagination), and the 3D building now is. So I can't get the render exactly as the painting. Only thing is that it's slow to render in PT. Fourth is without the glass, btw (which is a lot faster).

Hannes

Absolutely great!!
Image three looks indeed weird. As if there wasn't any environmental light at all.
You wrote the glass would cast shadows. Can't you just disable the shadows for the glass object?
However the last image looks fantastic, and I think it doesn't matter, if it looks slightly different from your original painting. I doubt that let's say the perspective of all the classical paintings we know are physically correct...

Dune

Thanks you. No, I needed the glass to throw a shadow, because I didn't want the light from the 'landscape' to cast any shadows in the hall, and vice versa. They needed to be 2 separate spaces. The glass is just a big card, btw. I don't know if it would be different with imported or displaceble plane. But, as you say, this works.

WAS

Yeah, aside from the lighting, the effect it offers is really cool.