Binnary Star

Started by dman66, May 23, 2022, 05:59:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dman66

My first image out of Terragen in nearly two years. Not great but still good enough to look at. Just playing with presets. In this case the lighting is using the binary star sunrise preset. A interesting Alien look to an otherwise very Terran landscape. Post work in Affinity Photo using Nik Filters Silver Efexs and Color Efexs.

Thanks for looking.

WAS

Interesting cloudscape and terrain! Welcome to the forums! Glad to see a new user! If you ever need any help, or have general questions, don't hesitate to ask. We're all very helpful here.

Are you by chance using my overcast shares for the cloud bases? If you are, they are sort designed to mask where the sun actually is (spreading out the lit area in the clouds) so if you are, it may mask where the stars are.

dman66

Old user coming back.  

I didn't save the tdg file so can't  check if it was your shares. Sorry.

Dune

So, welcome back then. You made a very basic, but powerful image. Less is more. I like it.

Hannes

Welcome by me as well! I really like your terrain and its vegetation. You said you don't have the file anymore? That's a pity!! Maybe you can recreate it?
I have to say, that I really like the terrain more than your sky. I could imagine, that the landscape might look even more interesting with a different (more dramatic?) sky and different lighting.
Just a thought...