How to keep the water of a Lake object out of a closed form e.g. a row boat?

Started by KlausK, May 30, 2022, 07:39:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KlausK

What do you think of the size --> Man vs Boat <-- ?

I have been looking at that for so long I am not sure...

CHeers, Klaus
/ ASUS WS Mainboard / Dual XEON E5-2640v3 / 64GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 TI / Win7 Ultimate . . . still (||-:-||)

Hannes

That's really a good start.
I noticed there are some strange triangular patterns in the foam.

KlausK

@Hannes thx

So I take it the man vs boat size looks ok (since you did not mention it)?

This is a render done in another software. I am modeling and pre-visualizing the scene in Softimage XSI.
The ocean is a simple low poly deformed plane with a random procedural fractal texture just to have something on it.
I think the artifacts come from reflections of the - also - displaced low poly environment sphere.
When I am done I`ll try to take it into TG to render it with all its GI glory ;)

CHeers, Klaus

ps: right now I always think "Augsburger Puppenkiste" :P
/ ASUS WS Mainboard / Dual XEON E5-2640v3 / 64GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 TI / Win7 Ultimate . . . still (||-:-||)

Dune

Sizes look okay to me, and the whole concept looks more than okay to me, actually pretty great! It reminds me of a pen drawing (cartoon) I once made of a rowboat being rowed across 'waves' of sand. Curious to see if it'll end up like an 'Augsburger Puppenkiste ' image or more realistic ;)

Hannes

Yes, the size looks good. Maybe some more water structure when you're going to render in TG. Looking forward to your next iterations.
(I hope it won't be too much "Augsburger Puppenkiste" ;D ;D ;D )

KlausK

Thank you both!

The goal is to create a realistic looking picture. No strings attached ;D
Right now I am working on different boats, the ocean wave geometry and the boat people.
The idea is to have more "passengers" on board.
Texturing is my worst "talent" especially in TG. I am completely illiterate with PBR so it will be a challenge to get the textures look "real".

And I have to decide if it will be a stormy or calm scenery.
Thinking of it, in early CGI filled motion pictures it was always dark and raining so the monsters did fit easier into the real world footage...haha

CHeers, Klaus

Dune

Brooding sky (I've seen that before 8) ), and some low light on the boat perhaps....