Sun Beams setting

Started by bernardo, August 15, 2022, 08:22:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bernardo

Hello everyone. Here I am again to ask you a tempting question on how to make sun beams. Before posting the question I searched for a solution on the Internet without finding it. I followed various tutorials on Youtube on how to make sun beams but I was unable to understand the procedure or even the steps to follow to perform the operation. So I turned to this splendid forum in order to obtain information necessary to be able to perform the procedures to make the sun beam. As I am a beginner, I find it difficult to understand certain technical passages that I have found in this forum. The question arises: what is the procedure for the sun beam? Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

Hannes

Hi Bernardo and welcome!!
I guess you mean god rays? Actually there is no so called procedure, since they are already mostly there. If the sun shines through "holes" in the sky, you'll get god rays. It needs some time to check out the sun's position for the look you like.
If you want to have godrays in a forest for example, when the sun shines through the misty trees, you might add a V2 cloud layer (with or without a cloud fractal as density shader) at the wanted position and check "receive shadows from surfaces" in the quality tab.

bernardo

Hi Hannes, yes I mean God Ray. I must manage the cloud I know to get the God ray effect. Tanks