An old man

Started by Hannes, August 16, 2022, 06:03:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hannes

Thanks Ulco!

Quote from: Dune on August 18, 2022, 08:17:53 AMHow many vertices do you use in the length of that hair?
Actually I have no idea. But it's quite a lot! The exported model of the hair on his head is almost 750MB. As TGO it's four to fivehundred.

Dune

That says a lot. Thanks. More than I usually dare do.

Hannes

I have to say, it takes a bit to load the scene, but it works surprisingly well.

Dune

Yeah, TG is great in loading heavy gear. I might reconsider my workflow, as I'm always a bit reluctant with my guys' and girls' hairdo's. Mostly not getting above 50MB for the hair.

Hannes

I guess, it depends on how close the camera is to the characters. I wouldn't make it too detailed either, when there is no need to. In my case, I would completely leave out the peach fuzz for example, and probably the beard stubbles, if I would see the guy from a certain distance. Some things can probably done with textures.

Dune

Absolutely. But I hardly ever use that many characters that TG would choke on an elaborate hair style, so I might as well add a bit more polys. Bald people are easier ;D

Hannes

Indeed! One of the very rare advantages of hair loss... ;)

Dune

;D Digital hairloss, that is!

Hannes

KlausK

You are really good with the texturing stuff!
I like him with and without hair on his head. What I would work on a little bit more are the eyebrows.
They should "flow" more along the rim not sticking out like the beard hair, I think.
Anyway, really nice portrait.

CHeers, Klaus
/ ASUS WS Mainboard / Dual XEON E5-2640v3 / 64GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 TI / Win7 Ultimate . . . still (||-:-||)

Hannes

Quote from: KlausK on August 20, 2022, 09:03:37 PMThey should "flow" more along the rim not sticking out like the beard hair, I think.
You haven't seen my eyebrows in nature!! ;D  Seriously, I wanted to make them the way they are. I know a lot of older men with those scary facial forests... ;D

Stormlord

Quote from: Hannes on August 18, 2022, 11:50:08 AMI have to say, it takes a bit to load the scene, but it works surprisingly well.
I really need a new PC....!!!!

STORMLORD
(Your old man is stunning !)

Mahnmut

Fascinating! That man is a landscape of his own.

Hannes