Custom cloud sky.

Started by bernardo, August 18, 2022, 01:02:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bernardo

Hello everybody. Is it possible to insert an Image Map shader under Density shader to customize the clouds? What I would like to accomplish is to create a sky as I wish only using a texture, maybe just for a single cloud in the middle of the camera view, but I don't know the exact procedures. Who could help me on this? I have attached an image so you can understand what I would like to do. A single cloud in the middle of the sky with that shape and size. But is it possible with Terragen 4? Looking forward to your kind reply, thank you in advance.

Dune

That is quite simple, as you can locate and restrict a cloud layer to a 'ball'. It then just needs a few clicks on the seed to get something you like. Check this out.

bernardo

Tank you Dune, I download your file and I try to learn.

bernardo

I have tried to emulate what you have achieved but to no avail. What I would like to create is a single cloud at specific coordinates in the sky at a height indicated by me. Here is my procedure which is certainly incorrect: First of all, I go to the 3D preview and click in the sky by copying the coordinates. 1) Node Network 2) Cloud layer v3 3) Radius = 1300 4) paste coordinates 5) Check box on the Localise item. Nothing, no clouds appear in the rendering. But how can you specify the exact coordinates because they don't match me!

Dune

You can't click in the sky to get the right coordinates. If you have a certain area in view, you'd have to click on the ground where you want your cloud more or less, and then raise it by hand in the coordinates tab.

bernardo

Wow I did it, tanks. It works.

Dune

Great. You must keep in mind that the planet is surrounded by another huge (kind of invisible) sphere, the background node. So if you click in the sky somewhere for coordinates, you actually get the coordinates on that outer sphere. You can tell by the numbers. So any cloud located there, would be way out of the cloud range.