Rising

Started by Hannes, September 17, 2022, 05:14:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

masonspappy

Late seeing this - but it is remarkable! The White Grass gimmick is great!

I'll echo other's thoughts about TG's lack of development.
I've wondered (a lot) recently if TG staff might simply abandon TG and declared it "Open Source" , and the code put out in the public domain for others to develop branches as they saw fit. We use to describe a product's viability in terms if "mindshare" which TG no longer has.  The TG webpage that shows where TG was used features no projects later than 2019.  It seems like  the very small group of users & enthusiasts here are what's keeping TG alive nowadays.

I would love to see any sign of further development but it's just not there.  Which is sad because TG still has an amazing render engine that stands out from the others.

pixelpusher636

I've only been frequenting the forums for the past year or so and occasionally prior to that. So I've missed a lot of your amazing works until today when I found the jackpot

So many amazing works but one of my favorites is "Rehearsal" that lighting is insanely good and the girls facial expression and posture is very realistic. Nice work Hannes!!
The more I use Terragen, the more I realize the world is not so small.

Hannes

Quote from: pixelpusher636 on October 05, 2022, 08:03:00 PMI've only been frequenting the forums for the past year or so and occasionally prior to that. So I've missed a lot of your amazing works until today when I found the jackpot.

So many amazing works but one of my favorites is "Rehearsal" that lighting is insanely good and the girls facial expression and posture is very realistic. Nice work Hannes!!
Wow, thanks a lot!!! :)

pclavett

This is an amazing composition..... using grass for the bow-wave, that is brilliant ! That scene looks like it was from the movie Battleship..... but the boat was bigger ! The water veils are just amazing ! Superb work !

SILENCER

Looks great!
But man that's punishing doing this in Terragen

WAS

object mask used to create t he cloud shapes? Or did you manually stick 'em in there?

This would make an amazing animation, but totally get how testing to even get bugs out would be laborious.

Hannes

Quote from: SILENCER on January 03, 2023, 10:45:59 AMLooks great!
But man that's punishing doing this in Terragen
Indeed! Thank you. :)

Quote from: WAS on January 03, 2023, 02:13:36 PMobject mask used to create t he cloud shapes? Or did you manually stick 'em in there?
Most of the cloud layers for the non-cloud stuff had some masks, yes.

Doug

Quote from: Hannes on September 17, 2022, 05:14:44 AMThis started as an animation. And after some quite frustrating tests (previewing animated stuff is almost impossible in TG) I decided to make it a still.
There's a lot of cloud layers to represent the water stuff. The boat's bowwave is a mix of a population of white grass clumps and a small low quality cloud layer directly in front of the boat.

I know, there are not too many people who use TG's animation features, but I'd love to see some further development here. If you try to animate some things, and you have to render test animations each time to see what you'll get, is really annoying.
i am making a orca - killer whale jumping out of the water
can't get the water dripping effect yet

are you going to put up a clip or tgd file of the water stuff?

Hannes

I'll try to extract something out of this file. May take a little time.

Doug

Thank You. That would be great.
One of those misty things would be cool to look at to see what you did.

Hannes

OK, here is most of the stuff in a stripped down version. It was built for a huge spaceship, so you have to scale down the stuff to work with an orca.

Doug

Thank You.
Trying it now.

mhaze