Some desert landscape with horses

Started by Dune, November 16, 2022, 12:03:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

Just an ordinary desert landscape. Some other grasses may be better, but well. And while I was changing seeds I found out that some are identical. In fact there's only a limited number of variations. I think it was 256 or so? Or 512?
So if you switch between these two, nothing changes  :o

Hannes

That looks really nice! I wouldn't call it "Desert" landscape by the way. It's quite a lush desert ;D
But yes, I remember that seed repetation. I don't know at which point it repeats.

Doug

the rocks are awesome
i dont see any collisions between them
are they fake stone shaders or populations or what?

pixelpusher636

Agreed Doug, dune those rocks look fantastic the colors are work very well. 
The more I use Terragen, the more I realize the world is not so small.

Dune

The rocks are 4 fake stone shaders merged, but this time I added a compute normal with a very small patch size (0.05 or so) under the mix and had the followed by a surface shader with a slight offset in displacement. That blew them up a little. Then added some tiny displacement (and partial color addition and a bit of reflection) overall through a transform (to world) shader into the child input.
But they do overlap here and there, just hitting seeds a few times until it's good enough.

mhaze

pixelpusher636

Quote from: Dune on November 17, 2022, 02:39:44 AMThe rocks are 4 fake stone shaders merged, but this time I added a compute normal with a very small patch size (0.05 or so) under the mix and had the followed by a surface shader with a slight offset in displacement. That blew them up a little. Then added some tiny displacement (and partial color addition and a bit of reflection) overall through a transform (to world) shader into the child input.
But they do overlap here and there, just hitting seeds a few times until it's good enough.
Well they look very realistic and the coloring is superb. Thanks for sharing the process Dune. 
The more I use Terragen, the more I realize the world is not so small.

Hannes

I think, the overlapping is not really noticeable. The pebbles look great!

Dune

Thanks guys. This is a real desert! No veggies whatsoever, nor water ;D

Hannes

;D ;D ;D  Indeed! Is this an english taxi cab?

Doug

are you going to upload the tgd for the rocks?
i could put those to good use

Dune

Yes, it's an Austin taxi. Great vehicle. And no, I'm not uploading a tgd.