I Like Big Buttes...

Started by RichTwo, February 13, 2022, 02:48:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RichTwo

Pardon the play on words for the subject... ;)  I'm still working on the stratified color shader idea, not getting the exact results that I want.  But with the contour variations, it kinda has the appearance of a vertical warp.  But it really isn't.  I will post the clip attached to a .tgd in File Sharing.  Anyone who can offer a solution - have at it.
They're all wasted!

pclavett

Well done Rich ! Love the strata !

inkydigit

Can't lie, I like these big buttes! 
Nice structure!

Tangled-Universe

You have got some great large scale displacements on your butte, I like it!
I'm not too fond of the colours to be honest, but may be I'm suffering from tunnelvision with regards to this topic, I always want to make them look like the ones in Monument Valley.
If you wouldn't mind I'd like to have a go with your .tgd and see if I can help you out with those stratified colours etc.?
Looks like you have been using the old-school bitmap trick back from the TG0.9x days?

RichTwo

Quote from: Tangled-Universe on February 14, 2022, 02:16:17 PMLooks like you have been using the old-school bitmap trick back from the TG0.9x days?
Not at all so.  Simply it's a series of noise-stretched PF nodes.  My "invention" is posted in File Sharing under Shaders for anyone to take a whack at it.
They're all wasted!

pixelpusher636

This render is as awesome as the posts title, nicely done Sir!
The more I use Terragen, the more I realize the world is not so small.

snaillick

Congratulations, Rich! Such a fan of the strata!