Unresponsive UI

Started by sjefen, December 02, 2022, 04:55:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

raymoh

Without offending you in any way: What does your answer have to do with the question of the thread creator?
"I consider global warming much less dangerous than global dumbing down"   (Lisa Fitz, German comedian)

sjefen

I don't know what happened. I was shutting down my computer and it wouldn't reboot for a little while so I thought it had created completely, but suddenly it decided to reboot again and now it looks like it is working like normal. I only have a problem when I populate or repopulate objects. The preview won't show any updates unless I change the view slightly. Before it used to update the viewport automatically after I hit populate.

- Terje
ArtStation: https://www.artstation.com/royalt

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X
128 GB RAM
GeForce RTX 3060 12GB

Dune

Quote from: sjefen on December 21, 2022, 04:07:19 AMpreview won't show any updates unless I change the view slightly
I noticed the same.

WAS

Quote from: KlausK on December 06, 2022, 06:52:19 AMI did not know any of that. Nor did I encounter any of these errors or problems you describe. But my workload is not production heavy stuff. We can`t really tell how widespread this sluggish interface problem really is, can we? At least here are not a lot of people complaining. But I guess that also has to do with  " my workload is not production heavy stuff ". I assume most people here are fabricating smaller scenes.
Anyway, that is interesting.

CHeers, Klaus
Hmm? TG interface freezing, and slowing down, lagging, etc, has been a constant complaint for years regarding performance (you can search lagging, freezing, etc, lots of topics). I think the lack of actual users to report anything beyond us *used* to problems, is the real issue.

Average environmental designer hasn't even heard of TG.