xFrog Conversions [title edited]

Started by rcallicotte, December 31, 2007, 07:22:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dhavalmistry

"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

rcallicotte

@dh - These are the retail version and this is in hopes that others will see if they want the xFrog retail based on what everyone sees I'm doing.  As always, comments are welcome.

Here is the Shagbark Hickory.

So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Tangled-Universe

Very good work Calico. Always great to see someone's workflow on the conversion process.
I've also had troubles converting models lately but now I've found a way to convert them correctly and it's almost similar to yours.

Have you ever tried replacing the original textures with some of your own?
I've recently downloaded a few very high-res bark-textures from http://www.cgtextures.com and also created bump maps of them using NVidia's normal map tool.
Those high-res textures look really awesome in close-up with low displacement values.
You can also do the same for the leaf-textures too of course.

Regards, Martin

Seth

rcallicotte

A Pecan tree.  I was in a hurry and cut off the top in the render.  You can still see the cool leaves and bark.

@TU - Thanks.  I had to change my process and have changed it to include removing the default metal effect in PoseRay.  As a matter of fact, this one thing, among about 90% of the other steps I take to get the result I want came from Harvey Birdman.  So, thanks to you, Harvey.  Because of you, I'm not losing my mind trying to figure all of this out.

I have tried experimenting with different textures and I've done a little with the Nvidia filter for PS (and love it), but I have a lot more fun experimentation ahead.

rcallicotte

Norway Spruce

rcallicotte

European Beech

Seth

dhavalmistry

are these all from one set???...they look great!

moodflow

Very nice renders.

Yes, which set is this? 
http://www.moodflow.com
mood-inspiring images and music

rcallicotte

These are from the Basic set.  I have 10 more to convert...of the middle instances.  Then there are 40 more to convert, including the young and adult.  Everything in this thread is from the middle instance of the tree.

Tangled-Universe

Quote from: calico on January 03, 2008, 09:51:26 AM
These are from the Basic set.  I have 10 more to convert...of the middle instances.  Then there are 40 more to convert, including the young and adult.  Everything in this thread is from the middle instance of the tree.

Wow, that takes a LOT of time ;D

dhavalmistry

nvseal

Me...want. If only they didn't cost so much.  :'(

Nice trees by the way.  ;D

rcallicotte