Hannes

Mahnmut

Dad doesn´t look impressed.
Nice detail on teh sand-cliff.
Cheers,
J

pixelpusher636

Agreed the sediment layers are a nice touch. I'm not sure Dad heard him!  ;D
The more I use Terragen, the more I realize the world is not so small.

masonspappy

Did the boy catch a snake or eel?

Dune

An eel. He must have a strong grip! I only had dad at first, but got the idea of making this boy with an eel, and planted him in this scene. Dad is a miser, not liking his job to check the traps and repair them.

It's too bad the water takes so long to render, this whole thing took 4 hours, without the water it would have been 30 mins I expect. Makes experimenting a long job.

What I did notice, however, that when I made this into a moonlit scene, with sun at strength 1 and ozone up to 10, it didn't take as long as with sun at 5, under an hour. Would the strength of the sun influence the render time? I have to check that out....

Hannes

I guess, it's something about the reflection. The flatter the camera angle, the more reflections need to be computed (?). And maybe with a moonlit scene, there's less reflecting stuff?
(some questionable wisdom from an old fart with no idea... ;) )

Dune

I'll check again what happened, would be strange if less sun strength (=moon) and ozone would decrease render times that much. Perhaps I did something else too, and forgot.

mhaze

zaxxon

Very nice work on the stream banks and the water in general.  Too nice of a scene to add the cartoon captions imo, but I guess the would-be image snatchers will be discouraged.  

Dune

Yeah, I'm afraid I can't post anything I want without any form of watermark or reduced quality. It's my sole living, so I depend on selling images like this.