Neanderthaltest

Started by Dune, April 14, 2023, 03:35:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

Right, it's in the genes :(

schmeerlap

Re Matchman render: Your neanderthal figure is very impressive, and masterful use of clouds for fire and smoke.
ps: Prometheus has a lot to answer for.  ;D
I hope I realise I don't exist before I apparently die.

Dune

masonspappy

Just seeing the last image. Nicely done!

Matt

Quote from: Kevin F on April 17, 2023, 03:35:11 AMGreat models, but way too clean for Neanderthals.

How do we know? I wonder why they are typically depicted as being dirty.
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

masonspappy

Quote from: Matt on April 24, 2023, 03:33:03 PM
QuoteGreat models, but way too clean for Neanderthals.

Quote from: Kevin F on April 17, 2023, 03:35:11 AMGreat models, but way too clean for Neanderthals.

QuoteGreat models, but way too clean for Neanderthals.

Well, in all the artificats uncovered so far, there's not been one sign of Ivory Soap, Bed Bath & Beyond Washcloths, Gillette shave creme or razor blades, Old Spice Deodorant or Crest Toothpaste.  ;)

Dune

Updated fire, I hope the greens are out now. Otherwise I don't know how they get there (fire is red-orange, followed by brownish-grey colors for higher altitude).

I think you can compare Neanderthals to children maybe; let them play for a day in the bush with a bit of muddy ground and they think they're clean enough to attend dinner. I don't think Neanderthals were as fussy about their (too) perfect appearance as today's people are, and only washed if things itched and they'd happen to cross a stream. And maybe they'll still find the Ivory Soap artifacts!

KlausK

Wow, this looks nice!

CHeers, Klaus
/ ASUS WS Mainboard / Dual XEON E5-2640v3 / 64GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 TI / Win7 Ultimate . . . still (||-:-||)

masonspappy

Neanderthals starting a fire that drives animals toward their hiding place - suspect that is pretty accurate. Very well done image!

Dune

Another test, a loving couple of our predecessors in the latest dresscode. Some things still to be perfected. Hair is still a problem, as that easily turns into hundreds of MB's.

schmeerlap

Quote from: Dune on April 25, 2023, 01:36:30 AMI don't think Neanderthals were as fussy about their (too) perfect appearance as today's people are, and only washed if things itched
I think I've got Neanderthal genes.  ;D
Great scene: the fire and smoke looks fine to me.   8)
I hope I realise I don't exist before I apparently die.

Dune