Arctic Skydome 2023

Started by Stormlord, September 03, 2023, 01:15:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hetzen

Yes it has always been that way. Still a very good shader. I think it's using a form of vector cell noise, and when those cells are smaller than some of your settings are pushing, you get that tearing.

I'd forgotten about those projection settings. I wouldn't have thought it mattered in this case, as we haven't extruded or computed the terrain yet, so Y should be fine. 

Dune

Nice shader indeed.

Maybe 3D doesn't do anything better in this case, but I thought I'd mention it anyway. I've had issues where I couldn't find what was wrong until I noticed the setting.

Stormlord

Thank you both for helping me, to get a better understanding of the things mentioned.
I am really glad, that I asked these questions because I learned here something new to me.
I also made Screenshots from your explanations and saved them in my TG folder :-)

I think it's sometimes better to play a little bit with other seeds to prevent those glitches beforehand.
This is something I keep in mind when I stumble upon glitches in future scenes (created with the alpine shader).

But...
In the meantime there has fallen another render from my tree....

Over the Clouds - Icy Mountain Sunset.jpg
Icy Mountains 2023 by Stormlord 

STORMLORD