Some renders, some WIP

Started by Tangled-Universe, March 10, 2024, 05:25:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tangled-Universe

A few renders I made lately...mostly WIP

Tangled-Universe

An older one rendered again with PT and GGX reflection model... Some obvious flaws, but too lazy to fix them (like intersecting rocks)

pclavett

All nice shots, was recently at the Antelope Canyon sites in Northern Arizona..... your renders are very realistic ! As for the rocks.....you really have to concentrate to see the flaws..... they look quite perfect.

Dune

As said on discord, excellent stuff!

schmeerlap

Interesting atmospherics in Glacial_Valley with the sun overhead yet a dark sky. Makes for a scene of great drama.
I hope I realise I don't exist before I apparently die.

Tangled-Universe

Quote from: pclavett on March 10, 2024, 07:53:30 PMAll nice shots, was recently at the Antelope Canyon sites in Northern Arizona..... your renders are very realistic ! As for the rocks.....you really have to concentrate to see the flaws..... they look quite perfect.

Thanks, I appreciate that :) I have to confess something; this is probably the first time I looked repeatedly at some pictures as how this should kinda look. Usually my work is with the mind's eye only.

Quote from: schmeerlap on March 11, 2024, 05:09:26 AMInteresting atmospherics in Glacial_Valley with the sun overhead yet a dark sky. Makes for a scene of great drama.

Thank you too. To be honest this one is quite heavily post-processed. I have to revisit the scene after my current (bigger) project, as it was very hard to achieve these rays AND keeping colours vivid in the scene.
The issue is the focal length, which is extremely long, thus you look through a lot of atmosphere. In turn, this makes godrays less easy to be visible, but there are tricks for that. Changing the focal length changes the perspective quite a bit and foremostly it makes the reflections look small, which was one of the key aspects I wanted to create in this image. I got a bit bored by fighting with it and got distracted by making some of these renders above.