Bare Bones Collisseum Project

Started by dandelO, December 20, 2007, 06:23:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dandelO

Here's a rough skeleton of a collisseum type building created entirely inside Terragen 2 with displacement shaders and internal built in Terragen 2 objects.

You can have it! It might serve as a base for building a scene around? The scale's a bit large but with T2's infinite range that shouldn't be a problem.

The only exception to this is the lateraly displaced doorway on the outer wall which is created by projecting a completely blank white rectangle onto the wall with an image map shader and using this as the displacement function of a basic displacement shader, you could forget about the doorway and there would be nothing in the scene except T2 shaders and objects.

The .tgd file is pretty straight forward to navigate, all sections are clearly grouped and labeled neatly in the right order so, no explanation/tutorial should be required. If you have any problems with it, send me a message and I'll offer what I can.

I've taken this about as far as I can be bothered really so, if anyone wants to have a go at building a scene around the general structure, feel free!

If Terragen tells you that it was 'unable to open' the single white doorway displacement image itself, you can assign it manually by selecting 'white door mask' from the project folder as 'displacement image1' found in the group '2e. Outer Doorway'.

The 'Quick renderer' is set up as the main renderer in this scene, I rarely use 'full render', I don't really see the need for it, just type the numbers and go! ;)

Thanks! And here's the link to the full project download...

Compressed with winRAR. (211kb)

Bare Bones Collisseum Project - By dandelO... http://stonefingeriiii.googlepages.com/BareBonesCollisseumProject-BydandelO.rar

[attachthumb=#]

rcallicotte

Oh my gosh.  Such nice work.  And thanks!  This gets my imagination going.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

old_blaggard

Clever work - this must have taken a lot of time and effort :).
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.