Dryad a new tree generation program

Started by glen5700, January 11, 2008, 02:21:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dhavalmistry

nice mr-miley.....I have tried running it through poseray....but I dont know poseray very well...so I was unsuccessful in giving it textures...
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

moodflow

I've been using it the past few days, and starting to like it more and more, and better than arbaro.

First off, its FREE, and the results are actually quite detailled for a free object maker. 

I am mostly using it for medium to distant foliage.  It would work for up-close foliage too, but would require serious shader work.

Yes, it is slow, but thats fine with me, if its free and not unusably slow.

It DOES require import into Poseray vs direct import into TG2.  If you don't, the shaders are super dark, regardless of what you do.  Poseray normalizes something in the obj file materials that make it work better with the current version of TG2.

It DOES require shader tweaking in TG2 once imported.  In fact, I always go back and retweak shaders in all objects I've imported into TG2, even pre-made or pro-made ones.  They always look better if this is done.

http://www.moodflow.com
mood-inspiring images and music

dhavalmistry

hey moodflow...can you please teach me how to apply textures to objects exported from dryad in poseray??....

moodflow

Quote from: dhavalmistry on January 17, 2008, 06:38:02 PM
hey moodflow...can you please teach me how to apply textures to objects exported from dryad in poseray??....

Hi Dhaval,

I don't use poseray to apply textures.  I just use it to normalize the .obj for TG2 use.   I apply the textures in TG2.
http://www.moodflow.com
mood-inspiring images and music

dhavalmistry

ok so how do you normalize in pose ray and what does it do??...

NWsenior07

Interesting, I'll have to give it a try.

rcallicotte

PoseRay has a good standard output for objects.  You shouldn't need to do anything to just normalize, though I go to the Groups tab and select Calculate Normals and hit the Update button.  I also check the Materials tab to make sure the textures are all in place per group.

Just export and save as an object file, when you're ready.

Quote from: dhavalmistry on January 17, 2008, 09:00:11 PM
ok so how do you normalize in pose ray and what does it do??...
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

j meyer

A little add on:there are applications that don't generate
normals on obj export,which can cause problems in other
apps(TG2TP for instance) and you can fix that with
poseray.Most likely you can fix broken normals also,but i
don't know for sure,didn't test that.

dhavalmistry

just realized something.....the blue circle with "X" in the middle....represents the breed of species.....so if you have the blue circle in the middle of two species...the resulting tree would be the mix of the two species....

bigben

I have a render running at the moment which is going to take a while, but I'll be taking a look at this later. The lack of variation in leaf placement seems to be the biggest concern I have from the samples I've seen.. and the performance notes on the site seem to be a bit scary.

If you're using an old version of Arbaro you might also want to get the newest version. The addition of images illustrating which part of the tree each of the settings affect was a big help in using it.