Taking The Desert Path

Started by schmeerlap, January 28, 2008, 07:21:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

schmeerlap

The Fractal Terrain is masked to give an outcrop which is then treated with a Twist and Shear Shader. The outcrop is textured with an Image Shader. The clouds are pushed into the background with a Distance Shader set to Plane Z. A path is etched into the desert sands with a masked Power Fractal Shader with a small negative displacement. The same mask is used to distribute Fake Stones along the path. It seemed a pity to have a path without someone on it, so I imported a basic Poser 4 naked lady and converted the obj file to a tgo file in T2 (as one is advised to do). I painted her hair and some clothes onto her in Photoshop; and I'm going to be bold enough to say that although my painting skills are somewhat rudimentary I think I've improved on Poser's (tight-fitting) Conforming clothes. I hope you don't mind me applying post Terragen painting to the 3d model as I'm a bit uncertain when it comes to incorporating and mapping texture files to a model.
I hope I realise I don't exist before I apparently die.

FrankB

a lovely scene, nice composition.
The figur still looks pretty CG, so that may need some more work. The only other thing I'd like to mention is the grassy plain bleeding in to the path. There should be a sharper line, or better, real grass, at least in the foreground.

Regards,
Frank

dhavalmistry

I agree with Frank....

this is very nice!....
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

rcallicotte

I like your mountain, especially.  Excellent composition overall. 
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Virex

nvseal

This looks okay. I don't personally care for the foreground too much but that mountain is stunning. This scene has a lot of potential in it. If it were me I would look at adding some populations of trees. Nice work though.

Mr_Lamppost

I agree with the others, the mountain is outstanding (pun intentional)

I am undecided about the rest.  If I was walking there the last place I would be was on that rocky path when I am surrounded by lovely flat areas  ;D
Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast.

moodflow

http://www.moodflow.com
mood-inspiring images and music

schmeerlap

All points of criticism taken on board with my appreciation. Now I know I'm colour blind as the "grass" is supposed to be sand, I can sort that in Photoshop (quicker than sorting in T2 and rerendering). Agree; the foreground could have some added interest. And, yes indeed, why walk on a lumpy ankle-turning path when on either side is lovely flat ground (should have planted a "Keep Of The Grass (Sand)" sign). And the figure; well I did say she was of rudimentary quality. Thanks for your considered response guys.
I hope I realise I don't exist before I apparently die.