Lake scene and a random one

Started by nvseal, January 28, 2008, 01:06:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nvseal

Okay here are two new population renders. The first one took 105 hours to render with four populations, render quality 0.9, AA 9 and (sadly, I forgot to change it) 16 atmosphere quality along with soft shadows. All things considered, I'm a bit disappointed with it. The image suffered I think from the atmosphere samples and the trees just look like clones in some areas. I'm not going to re-render because of the render time.

The second image is very simple. Just some pines with the Alps in the background. It was just a test really; I wanted to see what Bigben's Alps ter looks like. Maybe someday I'll go back with more trees to pick from and try to actually make something of it.

rcallicotte

These look pretty good...for what you're doing with them.

The green ground in the second picture could use some fallen needles.   ;D
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Mr_Lamppost

The lake is Brill :D  Do we use that anymore?

What your trees need is the colour variation I just posted in your other thread:

http://forums.planetside.co.uk/index.php?topic=3234.30

The nodes are quite messy and all contained in the internal network of the object so I am not sure of the best way to post a clip or tgd.  I could just export a new version of the tree but X-Frog, Is that an Ex-Frog, Ceased to be, Shuffled off this mortal coil, F*king snuffed it or was that an Ex Parrot?  (Stop that it's silly), wouldn't like it.  ;D
Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast.

Cyber-Angel

Quote from: Mr_Lamppost on January 28, 2008, 06:34:31 PM
The lake is Brill :D  Do we use that anymore?

What your trees need is the colour variation I just posted in your other thread:

http://forums.planetside.co.uk/index.php?topic=3234.30

The nodes are quite messy and all contained in the internal network of the object so I am not sure of the best way to post a clip or tgd.  I could just export a new version of the tree but X-Frog, Is that an Ex-Frog, Ceased to be, Shuffled off this mortal coil, F*king snuffed it or was that an Ex Parrot?  (Stop that it's silly), wouldn't like it.  ;D

I love the Monty Python Reference from the Dead Parrot Sketch (All be it a modified version of it) , nice touch ;D

Regrades to you.

Cyber-Angel   

joshbakr

That top Image is really well done!  :o

dhavalmistry

I love the first one....nice scale!...
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

schmeerlap

I, too, like that first scene, and the noise in the atmosphere is hardly noticeable. But I understand the feeling when after a long render you realise one of your settings isn't as you intended (bear with sore head for rest of the day syndrome). Hopefully after a more efficient final release of T2 with impatience-friendly render times, we'll decide to splash out a bit on more diverse foliage and cloning will be less in evidence. That's certainly my predicament.
I hope I realise I don't exist before I apparently die.

mr-miley

I like both of them. I think the bottom one has the slight edge, or it would if it weren't for the grass underneath the trees. It either needs to be a lot darker green or a browny colour. Most of the time, you don't get much grass growing under pine trees. Maybe a bit of cround cover too, some bushes etc?

Either way, most excellent renders.

Ta

Miles
I love the smell of caffine in the morning

Cyber-Angel

Quote from: mr-miley on January 29, 2008, 09:57:37 AM
I like both of them. I think the bottom one has the slight edge, or it would if it weren't for the grass underneath the trees. It either needs to be a lot darker green or a browny colour. Most of the time, you don't get much grass growing under pine trees. Maybe a bit of cround cover too, some bushes etc?

Either way, most excellent renders.

Ta

Miles

I know what you mean this is due two things, firstly is a die back zone around the base of the trunk due to the acidity of the fallen pine-needles (You will find a similar die back zone around the base of rock outcrops but this occurs for different reasons): secondly the forest floor (Sorry to those who already know this) of pine forests is quite dark due to the density of the trees, but also due to the pine needles them selves adsorbing much of the light with the Albedo level for coniferous trees been between 0.09 to 0.15%.

Regards to you.

Cyber-Angel