"Là-Haut" and "Le Grand Saut" *Update*

Started by Seth, January 20, 2008, 09:17:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tangled-Universe

Very nice work Seth!
I prefer you add some vegetation instead of buildings.
I think you can best add quite small scale vegetation and quite dense, so probably a few hundred-thousands of trees. Then add another population of slightly larger and taller trees for variation. Think that would look great!
Without it it's already great work so just see what you can do  :)

Martin

Seth

thanks T-U !
i'll try small scale vegetation as you suggest ! i am not in a hurry but i am not very patient so i'll keep workin on this one :)

Tangled-Universe

Quote from: seth93 on January 21, 2008, 02:55:03 PM
thanks T-U !
i'll try small scale vegetation as you suggest ! i am not in a hurry but i am not very patient so i'll keep workin on this one :)

Looking forward to see the results! I hope you'll succeed as I'm still unable to render decent looking populations. They all look very pixelated and not by far as good as Christian's populations like in his 'China'-image if you know what I mean.

Seth

yeaaaah... i really know what you mean !

Mr_Lamppost

The new version is much improved, can't waith for the next  ;)
Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast.

Seth

i tried to render this scene with some population (6 or 7 times already) but it crashed every time...
so i am trying again with lower atmo quality and les population (and less quality for far pop too...)
getting tired of those crashes... i think i need more RAM... and more stable software too <grin>

Seth

i've added some vegetaion... few because it crashed everytime...

overlordchuck

dhavalmistry

hoe about some pine trees.....but I like this too....
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

rcallicotte

Very, very nice.  I love the lighting and the perspective.  Great piece.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Seth

Tangled-Universe

Yeah man! Exactly the scale what I had in mind, great! It's a pity you can't render denser populations due to stability problems. Hopefully the upcoming release will make it possible for you.
Fantastic work Seth!

Seth

old_blaggard

Great job!  The displacements look much better here and the green from the vegetation expands the color area nicely.  Well done :).
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

Mr_Lamppost

WOW the new foreground gives a lovely sense of scale.
Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast.