Canyon Wall *FINAL* + Tutorial :)

Started by Tangled-Universe, January 20, 2008, 10:46:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tangled-Universe

Already posted a WIP of this on Rendus3D and here's the final.
Way too many hours of rendering (~110 hours in total).
Settings were detail 0.85, AA 18 (type error, oops ;D) and GI 4/4 to avoid black spots.
Model is an Aleppo Pine.
Thanks for viewing and C&C is always welcome :)

Martin

JimB

Some bits and bobs
The Galileo Fallacy, 'Argumentum ad Galileus':
"They laughed at Galileo. They're laughing at me. Therefore I am the next Galileo."

Nope. Galileo was right for the simpler reason that he was right.

overlordchuck

Oh wow.  Very nice.  Very realistic.

sjefen

This is very realistic. Very good details although there is a lot of nois in the shadow areas.
ArtStation: https://www.artstation.com/royalt

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X
128 GB RAM
GeForce RTX 3060 12GB

rcallicotte

This is magnificent and much better than I thought you would do with the last one (with the trees at the bottom, remember?).  Excellence in every way.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Seth

Will

The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

Kevin F

Superb image, one of the best I've ever seen, the rock face is perfect. A definite contender for image of the week. Well done.

Oshyan

These rock structures are absolutely stunning. Extremely realistic! There seem to be some odd edge colors on the vegetation needles, but it may be the laptop LCD I'm on...

- Oshyan

old_blaggard

Great job!  The detail here really is fantastic.  The shadows look a little blue/green to me - is that your textures or some odd shadow settings?
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

Cyber-Angel

This is a great image. A question if I may how did you get the displacement of the surface like that, I'd be interested to know?

Regards to you.

Cyber-Angel   

Mr_Lamppost

Excellent job, very realistic although I have to agree with sjefen about the grainy GI in the shadows.
Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast.

NWsenior07

Excellent render. I see the odd edges on the needles too but I'm on a laptop as well. I like the detail on the rocks, very, very realistic.

dhavalmistry

this is amazing TU....I really like the small detailed displacements....are you using the same technique as you used in stratas???....
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

choronr

Martin, you've done outstanding work here. I don't see anything here that suggests this was created digitally. The render time was worth it.