a render & two questions

Started by myriac, January 04, 2007, 01:04:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

myriac

1) camera is on the high position from ground, and i want to make a very light blue sky without haze but no chance  (in this render i used image color adjustment in photoshop) so real tgd is very hazy. however haze is too low.i played so much with atmo settings and i failed for getting a clear atmo. how will i do it ?

2)i am trying to make arizona canyons but their top must be flat without changing body itself. i used power fractal so no chance using clip vertical peaks.i used some combinations among Power Fractal Shader, redirect shader etc. but it became entangled and i confused everything and gave up.this render is satisfying for me but i search for better. any idea about displacement settings to make real arizona canyons ?

edlo

For the atmo settings I think you should set the Haze density lower than 1 as well as the bluesky density.
Also set the Blue sky additive to something like0.5 or less and the red sky decay also to 0.5 or less; this should work.
For the canyon terrain you are trying to do you are better off getting a DEM of Arizona and work your strata and displacement into it.
Hope that helps.
ED.

Njen

You can clip a power fractal, but you have to build the terrain a slightly different way. Use a Surface Shader, and put a Power Fractal in the Displacement slot. Now you can control the displacement by your Power Fractal Colour using the Clamp high and low colour settings.

Cheers.

myriac

oggyb

Quote from: njen on January 04, 2007, 01:26:33 PM
You can clip a power fractal, but you have to build the terrain a slightly different way. Use a Surface Shader, and put a Power Fractal in the Displacement slot. Now you can control the displacement by your Power Fractal Colour using the Clamp high and low colour settings.

Cheers.

Do you mean make a flat terrain but use the shaders to displace it into the shape you want?

M.

Oshyan

You may also want to experiment with the height settings in the atmosphere if you find it's too hazy low down.

For the terrain you may find a solution by increasing terrain and turning on clipping for High Color in the Power Fractal. Increasing Noise Variation and/or Clumping can create semi-plateaus as well. I think what you want to do is essentially possible with the existing controls at any rate, but a real non-heightfield clipping node would definitely be useful.

- Oshyan