Question for Matt.

Started by Kevin F, January 23, 2008, 07:39:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin F

Since your online Matt, do you have any progress to report on the Beta release?

Matt

Hi Kevin,

I can't give you a beta release date unfortunately, but progress is good and it will re-enter alpha testing in a few days. The beta will be released after alpha testing has shown that all new features work well enough to be hammered on by a larger group.

Matt
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

Kevin F

Thanks Matt, good to hear things are progressing.

Tangled-Universe

Ah that's good to hear. Also quite sooner than I expected.

So it's going to the alhpa testers: Oshyan promised us (in an other topic) to show some examples of the new features like water transparency to warm us up :)
Are the alpha-testers allowed to show them or will Planetside self take care of it? I'm really looking forward seeing something.

old_blaggard

We're allowed to share images that don't feature unannounced features, but since transparency etc. has already been announced, you'll hopefully see some images pretty quickly :).
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

Tangled-Universe

Quote from: old_blaggard on January 23, 2008, 04:19:44 PM
We're allowed to share images that don't feature unannounced features, but since transparency etc. has already been announced, you'll hopefully see some images pretty quickly :).

Thank you O_B, that sounds very good. Seems I can expect some to show up within a couple of weeks ;D