Strange Clouds and Flower

Started by rcallicotte, January 24, 2008, 09:14:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rcallicotte

This is based upon a modified version of Alfamike's TGD here - http://forums.planetside.co.uk/index.php?topic=3227.0

It needs more work, but is pretty cool.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

dhavalmistry

strange it is....what were the render times like....
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

rcallicotte

It was only three hours. 

Here's another with some changes, but with lower quality settings.  This smaller version took about 1 1/2 hours.  But, now I'm losing the idea - a tornado or hurricane.  These look like pre-storm tornado.

Seth

dhavalmistry

forogt to say....nice symbolism!

rcallicotte

dhavalmistry

moodflow

Pretty different and beautiful looking clouds!   :o
http://www.moodflow.com
mood-inspiring images and music

Mr_Lamppost

Bit controversial but I like the first version  :D

Are the vertical streaks deliberate or the result of an extreme wide angle camera?
Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast.

rcallicotte

The streaks were as deliberate as they could be without me understanding it all.  I'm lost in the functions.  The original work here is more complex than I would have understood otherwise, but it's one way to learn.  The changes I'm making will be shown in my next render...by Monday or Tuesday.  It's cookin'.

Quote from: Mr_Lamppost on January 25, 2008, 09:48:52 PM
Bit controversial but I like the first version  :D

Are the vertical streaks deliberate or the result of an extreme wide angle camera?

rcallicotte

Comments welcome. 

Tangled-Universe

Mr_Lamppost

Looking good  :)

There are some small vertical features on the left that I imagine could be turned into the appearance of rain unless they are totally accidental and hence beyond your control.  :-\
Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast.

Cyber-Angel

In nature you some times see small vertical features like this most often small clouds under the right conditions, under these conditions there is often high wind levels and clouds tend to race across the sky quite quickly, under these conditions it can be expected that there will be heavy rain; the sky in this image reflects the almost green sky you'd expect under such conditions and the lighting is about what you'd expect also.

These smaller clouds due to there size move faster across the sky then the larger clouds (Which are moving quickly but much slower relatively specking) due to there size, there position lower in the cloud base and higher relative wind speed at there given altitude.  :)   

Regards to you.

Cyber-Angel       

rcallicotte

@TU - Thank you.

@Mr. L - These aren't entirely by accident.  During experimentation, I messed with some vertical settings and hence this result.  It does remind me of rain in the distance.

@CA - Thanks for your observations.  I think this looks much more realistic than the above two.  I'm shooting for more.