How do I make a night sky?

Started by bobbystahr, February 03, 2008, 01:07:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbystahr

Sounds like a really dumb question but I've been having a brain cramp over this these past few days and would appreciate any and all clues...hell hit me with a Clue By Four...I can take it...LOL
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Seth

try this : all atmo lighting value to the max and sun height below zero ^^

Will

Clue by four! duthumpbup (<- drum sound)
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Will on February 03, 2008, 01:20:32 PM
Clue by four! duthumpbup (<- drum sound)

A drummer friend of mine use 'bucketafish' for that sound vocally, or 'bada-boom' if it's a cheap shot...LOL.. ...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

PG

Seth's idea works, might need to double bluesky glow amount to 8 though, also doubling the haze glow amount and power values to 8 and 2 respectively can give it a nice effect.
Figured out how to do clicky signatures

overlordchuck

Hah, wow, those never occurred to me.  I only ever did what is said here: http://meltingice.net/designpaths/terragen-tutorials/adding-stars-to-your-render-in-terragen-2

Duh, don't I feel smart  ;D

Oshyan

It's simple - TG2 realistically simulates atmosphere and lighting, so just put the sun below the horizon. If you want it to be brighter, just increase Exposure in the camera node.

- Oshyan

Will

The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

dhavalmistry

Quote from: Oshyan on February 03, 2008, 06:00:59 PM
It's simple - TG2 realistically simulates atmosphere and lighting, so just put the sun below the horizon. If you want it to be brighter, just increase Exposure in the camera node.

- Oshyan

but when you take the sun below -5 or something...everything gets really dark....

a better way of doing a night scene with moonlight (using the sun to act as moon) is to lower the value of "Bluesky Density Color" to almost 0.1 and lower the sun's brightness to around 1.....
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

romi

perfect timing. i'm about to do some night scenes for the game i'm working on. thanks guys for the tips!

cheers,
Rom
snowblindstudios.com

bobbystahr

Quote from: Will on February 03, 2008, 06:04:39 PM
I think he wants a moon though.

Actually what I'm trying for is an early evening scene, in the gloaming as it were, where the sky is darkening with the sun only just below the horizon with some details of the land showing. I have sorta achieved limited success with this but can't post it here as it's going into the IOTW#95 at ashundar and can't be posted else where till the Challenge is over. When I get it up there I will link it here...thanx for all the help...tried all of it and used a combination of the advices given.. ...

http://www.ashundar.com/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-4999
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New