wet textures... trying... *UPDATE*

Started by Seth, February 01, 2008, 11:57:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seth

just a first render... i have to change the fog... and add vegetation as soon as i know which one i'll put ^^
if you have any idea... :)

rcallicotte

So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Seth

not yet... but i hope it will !  ;D
any idea to improve it, Space Views' Master ? ^^
thanks calico ^^

nvseal

Quote from: seth93 on February 01, 2008, 12:16:58 PM
not yet... but i hope it will !  ;D
any idea to improve it, Space Views' Master ? ^^
thanks calico ^^

I don't really know what I would do beyond what you said. Looking at it, nothing really jumps out at me that I would change. Maybe add...a planet.  ;D Just kidding.

Mr_Lamppost

Like it  ;D

A little more colour variation on the rock; maybe?  You mention the mist, I have had that density increasing with distance look and wonder (Not tested), if things could be evened up by lowering the density based on a Distance Shader.
Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast.

dhavalmistry

looking good buddy!...although why is only part of the terrain wet??...and where is the water??
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

Seth

hehehe !
i am rendering it with a slight different pov (vertical too) and i lower the sun height, put another atmospehere (more extraterrestrial) and use extra lights.... it's not over and it looks like an artificial landscape (like in studio)

Seth

changed the pov and add some artificial lights... i like this artificial look...
now i have to transform the left light (it's too sharp and strong) and perhaps add some clouds (not sure yet)

too bad i lost the wet look :)

dhavalmistry

I think you should remove the background lights....or atleast disable the glow option....the foreground looks reallly good!

**EDIT**

also tone down the brightness of the foreground light a little...its too bright at some spots....
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

rcallicotte

Wonderful foreground.  GREAT point of view.  I like the lighting, but agree with DH.  The wet look would really help this be a top render.  Nice.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Tangled-Universe

Quote from: dhavalmistry on February 01, 2008, 11:28:06 PM
looking good buddy!...although why is only part of the terrain wet??...and where is the water??

That's because of the lighting direction and angle. The 'closer' to the sun (image-wise) the more shiny the look.

Seth

mmmh i really would like to have the wet texture back... and you're right, i have to tone down the brightness ^^ thanks all :)