Blue-eyed Humans Have A Single, Common Ancestor

Started by Matt, February 04, 2008, 10:46:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crosseout

Quote from: nikita on April 24, 2008, 05:28:45 PM
Quote from: crosseout on April 24, 2008, 03:41:25 PM
Well, females in our society today respond to certain types of behaviour differently, just as they would back then. As a matter of fact women are very attracted to alpha-male behaviour such as confidence, preselection and so on... Women feel a strong urge to sleep with the alpha male as fast as possible. However, the alpha-male usually have a lot of women and thus divided resources. Therefore the woman would find someone who could support them the 4 years they needed it. Get another man to raise another man's child because his genes are not sufficient for the woman(;
I.. simply don't share these views. We're talking about blue eyes here... I'm pretty sure most woman also look for other things than the color of the eyes  ;D

well, if you read the thread you would see that we are now talking about genetics and social dynamics now...

nikita

I know - what I'm saying is that I don't believe that blue eyed babies/people caused such extreme reactions from their social environment that you mentioned in your last two posts.

SeerBlue

Of course Blue Eyes would not be the only criteria for selection, the person would have to offer pretty much the same things as today, strength, security, social standing, appearance and so on.
And as the mutation that caused Blue Eyes does not appear to have brought any debilitating effects along with it, the Blue Eyed individual had to rely on the rest of his genetic hodgepodge and what he made of himself to put those things forward...
But Blue Eyes may very well have been an advantage to an individual who offered all those other things a mate looked for, over others who were not Blue eyed.
The high number of Blue eyed people in Iceland now, points to Blue eyed individuals being in the majority in the first settlers, so perhaps in the majority in the places they emigrated from,,,and something had to be the defining trait that led to them successfully procreating more than non blue eyed people...History shows the vikings were a hardy lot on average, they had much to offer, so how did most of those who went to Iceland (theoretically) end up being Blue Eyed. (of course the near population crash after settlement could be the reason Blue Eyes prevail,,)
Just conjecture on my part, and I am no longer Blue eyed, they went brown at three.
SeerBlue

Will

This would all explain a lot about my social life...
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

crosseout

Quote from: nikita on April 25, 2008, 07:47:34 AM
I know - what I'm saying is that I don't believe that blue eyed babies/people caused such extreme reactions from their social environment that you mentioned in your last two posts.

I am not sure what you are pointing to? If it the reactions from women to certain behaviour, that is not extreme, we see it in everyday life, but we never really think about it much. As to the preffered selection of blue eyed people in a early stage of civilization, it can be explained by social value. We humans are the only ones who are able to "beat the system" as a result of our organization. You no longer have to be strong physically, or even mentally to pass your genes on; the main criteria that brings people together is social value. Think how blue eyed people were looked upon as gods in the very early stages; that would bring their social value through the roof; they would grow up attaining all the alpha-male traits normally by the way they were treated... If people thought I was a god, I'm sure I'd have a lot of confidence...

SeerBlue, as to blue eyed people in Iceland, it is due to the fact that nordic vikings, especially from Norway and Denmark used the island almost as a prison; it was where they sent the unwanted lot... Since the nordic people are of the arian (sub)race they would have blue eyes. That is probably therefor I have blue eyes as well since about all my ancestors were vikings...