quick question: strange effect

Started by Aenea, February 05, 2008, 06:29:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aenea

Hi there!

Just tested my current picture and I detected that the sun which is behind some mountains shines through...how is that possible???

I attached a picture (only a crop renderer). you can see it on the right side....

Aenea

Cyber-Angel

This looks like an issue that has been reported on several occasions before, if I recall its an issue with the sun disk.

Regards to you.

Cyber-Angel 

Will

yea its a known issue hopefully going to be fixed soon.
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

Tangled-Universe

It's probably because of your raytracing settings.

Martin

rcallicotte

Martin's right.  I've seen GI cause this, but I think that was before the last update. 

So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Aenea

okay...so this effect isn´t changeable at the moment....???

mhhh, then I need some dynamite to get some of the rocks away *lol*

Aenea

Thanks guys

dhavalmistry

there is a workaround at the moment......

1. Enable Ray Tracing in atmosphere

2. Disable "Visible Sun" option in lighting tab

3. Move the camera a little

you dont have to do all 3 things but either one will do...using the first option will cost you the render time.
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

Aenea

at what I see at the moment....the raytracing option works....but me thinks this really costs render time...wow.

I try the other options later ...
but I remember that the visible disc alone doesn´t work....

Aenea

Tangled-Universe

Invisible disc won't work because the glow will still remain visible.
Enabling raytraced shadows is the only option I can think of and indeed cranks up rendertimes pretty much.
Good luck (with waiting ;) )

Martin

PG

The little things like this can be really irritating when everything else is just right, might be worth comprimising on a few quality settings to decrease render time, just until you're sure it's all looking right. looking brilliant so far by the way.
Figured out how to do clicky signatures

Aenea

Hi all!

Wow...it took me 8 hours to render it with raytracing....and the picture isn´t what I expected it to be (quality). It looks more like a painting with a lot of soft-focus on it....

Anyway....I welcome any suggestion to get this working more photolike....

I think the light is a problem, because it´s so dark that you can´t see any details.... well, dusk is not very bright....but is there an option to get the picture a little brighter without ruining the effect of a dusk?

Another question I have:

The water. I had to reduce the water waves because of the above descriped rendering problem. The water already looks nice with the foam effect but I´m not 100% satisfied....was there anywhere a thread about water and foam effects?? I haven´t found one with the search option.

And last but not least: the planet in the background. Originally I put an image map on it (planet02 - shaders - image map shader) , but the problem is that you really can´t see any details of it (because of the quality?). The planet looks as grainy as the rest of the picture. And somehow it appears a bit transparent? Is that possible? Is there an option to avoid that? Has this something to do with the atmosphere of this planet where you can do some settings? I only played with the haze density and the bluesky and the atmosphere (enviro light) ....

Thanks guys...you´re always so very helpful...I love this forum!

Aenea

Kevin F

Quote from: Aenea on February 15, 2008, 05:36:40 AM

Another question I have:

The water. I had to reduce the water waves because of the above descriped rendering problem. The water already looks nice with the foam effect but I´m not 100% satisfied....was there anywhere a thread about water and foam effects?? I haven´t found one with the search option.

try http://forums.planetside.co.uk/index.php?topic=2374.0