Save Camera Position

Started by jaf, February 05, 2008, 08:11:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaf

Another quick question from a new user.  It seems that the camera position is not saved when I save a project.  I see that I have to repopulate objects and regenerate terrain, but why isn't the current camera position saved?  It's difficult sometimes to get back to the exact position in the scene (where I left off).

I did a site search and noticed that there is an option to use a different start-up file.  Is this the method used to load the same camera position in a saved scene?

Oh, and I was wondering if an "incremental save" might be a good feature?
:)
(04Dec20) Ryzen 1800x, 970 EVO 1TB M.2 SSD, Corsair Vengeance 64GB DDR4 3200 Mem,  EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 Graphics 457.51 (04Dec20), Win 10 Pro x64, Terragen Pro 4.5.43 Frontier, BenchMark 0:10:02

choronr

It sounds like maybe you haven't clicked the 'set camera' after positioning it before you did a save.

dhavalmistry

when you move the camera...you have the button below the preview window called "Set Camera" click it and save the scene...

that button gives you an option to explore more angles without losing the default/desired camera angle....but when you render the scene, the renderer will use the camera angle where the last set camera option was used. For example you choose a camera angle and hit the set camera angle and then you make some changes to the camera angle and forget to hit the set camera button, the renderer will automatically use the old fixed camera angle where the set camera button was activated.

you can always write down the camera coordinates and pitch/rotation of camera and then play around for more angles and if you would like to return to old camera angle, you can just plug in the numbers and off you go!....

I hope I made sense....because I am very bad at explaining things...
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

choronr

Another thing to keep in mind is that you can 'Revert to saved'; when you click on File, you will see that option.

jaf

Thanks for the replies!

Yes, I must have made a mistake somewhere -- probably with the "set camera".  I was aware of how the camera works and pretty conscious of checking if it was "grayed out" or not and really thought I had set it properly.  I was playing with adding objects and pushing my system to see how many objects I could safely add.

Anyway, I tried again this morning and it worked fine. 

Thanks.
(04Dec20) Ryzen 1800x, 970 EVO 1TB M.2 SSD, Corsair Vengeance 64GB DDR4 3200 Mem,  EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 Graphics 457.51 (04Dec20), Win 10 Pro x64, Terragen Pro 4.5.43 Frontier, BenchMark 0:10:02