My very first render-need feedback!

Started by viche12345, January 05, 2007, 02:54:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

viche12345

This is my very first render with Terragen 2. I need some feedback and some ideas on how to improve the picture. Yes, the 400x300 render attached took an hour on my P4 1.7 single core machine (Dell 4400)

I also attached the world file in case someone has time to possibly edit and re-post so I can see what I am doing wrong that's causing such a long render time.

Thanks so much! I strive for my skills of TG2 to soar.

king_tiger_666

nice work for your first render... all you need to do is increase quality a little but will mean longer render times:(

<a href="www.hobbies.nzaus.co.nz/">My  Terragen Downloads & Gallery</a>

swiftstream

viche,

I'm guessing the cause of the high render time is the high detail on your lower cloud layer (400 samples). I don't know how much you can lower it without losing a lot of detail, but I would suggest trying rendering with a lower number of samples.

viche12345

Thanks for the feedback. Yes, I should lower the samples. What about the lighting? Is it too vague?

Oshyan

The noise you still have there is likely due to needing more atmosphere samples. Try decreasing cloud samples and increasing atmosphere samples - you may get similar render times but better overall quality.

I do like the dramatic lighting in the scene. :)

- Oshyan