TG2 Yeah!

Started by edlo, January 05, 2007, 10:47:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oshyan

Edlo, that's a fantastic image, and thank you so much for your enthusiastic feedback! We are really thrilled by the response to the Technology Preview and like you I am so much looking forward to the final release as a result. Already there is so much power and potential, new aspects of which are being shown daily in this and other communities. As a long-time tester of TG2 I am constantly amazed by the new things people are doing that I honestly would not have known just how to accomplish. Once I see them done it makes sense, but the creativity used to get these results is truly inspirational.

Thanks to all who are a part of this community, supporting each other and the future of Terragen. Good software is nothing without good users. :)

- Oshyan

choronr

Our hats off to Planetside. Creativity is the greatest gift; and, you guys have outdone yourselves. I'm having much fun TG2 and getting very little sleep - but, its worth it!

BTW, my next system (under construction) will have a 10,000 rpm 150MB Raptor hard drive; an Intel Core 2 Duo Extreme Quad core processor; an Nvidia 8800GTX graphics card and 4GB of DDR2 RAM. I hope to speed up renders and avoid crashes ...we'll see.

Bob

Dark Fire

Quote from: BPauba on January 05, 2007, 01:49:23 PM
Quote from: 3DGuy on January 05, 2007, 01:29:42 PM
Quote from: BPauba on January 05, 2007, 12:45:36 PM
Quote from: hatter on January 05, 2007, 11:52:19 AM
Long render times - yeah you and me both ! That took about 2.5 hours but I just set it off running in the background and get on with something else. I've seen 19 hours somewhere on this forum - unbelievable but worth it when you get such great images in the end !

I have had 30 hour pre render times! That was seriously 1/16th of the image. I cant even image how long the full render would have taken! And i have a decent render system...
My guess is that you turned up the quality settings a tad too much :D
That was my conclusion as well!
To render top quality images with T2TP you need an army of computers. I made the mistake of immidiately maximising the quality settings to see what the result would be like - after 3 hours I only had about 1% of the image rendered.

Quote from: choronr on January 05, 2007, 11:55:46 PM
Our hats off to Planetside. Creativity is the greatest gift; and, you guys have outdone yourselves. I'm having much fun TG2 and getting very little sleep - but, its worth it!
I agree - T2TP is amazing!

Costaud

It's the best program for me.

Oshyan

Dark Fire, you may find this post about detail settings in TG2 to be helpful: http://forums.planetside.co.uk/index.php?topic=140.msg696#msg696

- Oshyan

Dark Fire

That post is very helpful - it's hard to judge how to balance the settings and which ones will have the biggest effect on quality and render time.

Thanks.

edlo

Quote from: JavaJones on January 05, 2007, 10:06:31 PM
Edlo, that's a fantastic image, and thank you so much for your enthusiastic feedback! We are really thrilled by the response to the Technology Preview and like you I am so much looking forward to the final release as a result. Already there is so much power and potential, new aspects of which are being shown daily in this and other communities. As a long-time tester of TG2 I am constantly amazed by the new things people are doing that I honestly would not have known just how to accomplish. Once I see them done it makes sense, but the creativity used to get these results is truly inspirational.

Thanks to all who are a part of this community, supporting each other and the future of Terragen. Good software is nothing without good users. :)

- Oshyan

Thanks Oshyan glad you liked the image  :)
ED