Artifact (Clouds in front of the Horizon)

Started by Zonic Blazer, March 25, 2008, 02:43:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zonic Blazer

Hi folks,

Simple question:

What do I do to get rid of that nasty line going through those clouds? Any clue, anyone?

Thanks!

nvseal

Wait for the next release.  :) This is a known bug that should be fixed by then.

old_blaggard

The bug is actually already fixed in alpha builds, but the fix has yet to make its way to a public release.
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

rcallicotte

Good to know.   ;D

Quote from: old_blaggard on March 25, 2008, 05:17:25 PM
The bug is actually already fixed in alpha builds, but the fix has yet to make its way to a public release.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Zonic Blazer

Mr_Lamppost

Quote from: old_blaggard on March 25, 2008, 05:17:25 PM

Oh Bu***r All those scenes that I didn't finish that will need rendered  ;D
Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast.

buchvecny

lol blaggard that was such a cynic comment :D

PG

Anyone know if that crash caused by the water shader has been fixed, I think it's the shadows one. I only ever get it when I enable cast shadows on a water shader with high wave scale.
Figured out how to do clicky signatures

Matt

Quote from: PG on April 06, 2008, 02:33:56 PM
Anyone know if that crash caused by the water shader has been fixed, I think it's the shadows one. I only ever get it when I enable cast shadows on a water shader with high wave scale.

Parts of the ray tracer (responsible for reflections and shadows) have been rewritten to improve stability. I am currently hacking away at a few remaining problems, but you should see a big improvement in the stability and quality of reflections when we release the next update (Beta for pre-purchasers and then the final 2.0 release).

Matt
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

PG

Would it help me to turn all the ray tracing settings off until the beta's released?

Oshyan

It is most likely the raytracing that is responsible for instability in current public builds. Turning off raytracing where possible may help, but you'll lose a lot of the "qualities" of the scene that way. If you're ok with that then give it a try by all means, but it will detract heavily from realism in most cases.

- Oshyan

PG

Tried it right after I posted, see what you mean. ;D I do find that randomizing the seed number fixes the issue in a number of cases but obviously changes the structure of the water.