Of An Even's Walk - v.2.0

Started by dandelO, March 16, 2008, 08:39:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rcallicotte

I was thinking Friday that a 10 TG2-Deep Animation version giveaway might be a good idea.  If only we could scrape enough money together and buy some copies, maybe Planetside would provide the others we can't afford? 

Good way to promote it, when it goes gold.  But, I bet someone's already thinking about that.

Quote from: moodflow on March 17, 2008, 01:02:42 PM
Maybe Planetside could hold contests, and winners could recieve a serious discount off of the full version?  Or heck, even a free copy? 
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

dandelO

It's a nice thought to have some kind of contest with a license as the prize, I don't think that's top of PS' priorities right now, and neither should it be in my opinion but a good idea none the less.

Volker: By tilting the camera 90o you mean leave the ground out completely, just render the sky?

Volker Harun

Rotate the camera along the Z-axis by 90° then set the FoV to vertical with the same degree as it was at horizontal.
Next switch to the render-tab, enter 800x600 pixels and 'Voila' you will render the original image, tilted by 90° but full size.

dandelO

Ahhh. very clever, and simple! I never thought of that, thankyou Volker, once again you're the man with the answers.
Thanks! :)

dandelO

Ok, so I tinkered with it when I wasn't supposed to. ;)

Fixed some lighting and, when rendered bigger, (via Volkers method on the previous page, thanks!) the trees were awful. I'll tell you a secret, the trees in the first one were 2D plane tgo objects, I thought I'd get pulled on that one as soon as it was posted but no-one noticed(or cared, lol). I made them in Carrara a while back for distant forest purposes, they're a bit too close in this scene though to appear convincing at this size, smaller images or further shots are decent enough with them.
The trees now are the Xfrog Grand Fir from their free 5 species .tgo pack.

Thanks for looking![attachimg=#]

Seth

rcallicotte

This is very nice.  Good job, dandelO.

sonshine777

Did you up the haze? It really gives the trees depth, along with the 3D trees.  Looking mighty fine. :)

dandelO

Thanks very much folks! :)

Tom: No I didn't up the haze but, I did up the GI from 2 to 2.5, that's lightened it up a bit and made the haze more noticeable.

Cheers, all!

dandelO

I know this is old but I've just realised something...

Knowing now, what the luminous value of the background does to the atmosphere in general, thanks to Moodflow, I can say that this is what gives the haze the nice little boost at the treeline. :)
These top clouds are an image map in the luminosity channel of a default shader(before my pc could handle TG's clouds I had to cheat sometimes ;)). The enviro-light strength, that I said up above, probably didn't do anything really noticeable in that department. :)

rcallicotte

DandelO, thanks for all of the info.  This program can do so many things, if someone knows what the limitations are or aren't. 

Now, for someone in Planetside to document these many ideas and understandings for the masses...   ;D

schmeerlap

Wonderfully atmospheric scene; and a great learning experience for me along the way . . . . or, it should be, anyway.

John
I hope I realise I don't exist before I apparently die.

efflux

Nice work. I like those higher altitude clouds.