Horizon Anomaly...

Started by choronr, January 06, 2007, 03:20:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

choronr

Upon observing a 1280x960 render, I noted the attached anomaly in the atmosphere/clouds: 'Pink sky and clouds'. This is a new bug (or error by me). Has anyone had this experience?

EmDee1

Yes, got that too the other day. Unfortenately I didn't save the file and forgot the settings I used.

buzzzzz

Looks like you may have a couple of pink planets in there Bob.  ;)

Ricowan

That looks very similar to the global illumination bug I reported in the Support forum.  Turning off the Enviro light fixed it for me, but I was doing a low-orbit render so it wasn't needed anyway.  Turning it off in your scene would have a lot more effect on the final render, I'm thinking.

Rich

Oshyan

This does look like a possible manifestation of the Global Illumination issues seen elsewhere. Although it may have a detrimental effect on your scene, if you could try turning off GI just for testing purposes and report the results that would be helpful. These GI issues will be resolved in a future update.

- Oshyan

choronr

Thanks Oshyan, I resolved the problem by reducing the cloud sample amounts.

firesuite

Quote from: choronr on January 08, 2007, 01:06:06 AM
Thanks Oshyan, I resolved the problem by reducing the cloud sample amounts.

Yes ive had the same issue, it was only after tinkering with the cloud sample amounts as well. I turned of GI to fix this.

rcallicotte

What about just lowering the percentage of GI for the clouds?  Does that help?  That way you get some GI effect in the clouds.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Jester71

sometimes I get full blue renderings...
I have to stop rendering and restart it...
I think this can be a different side the same problem...
Giacomo the Jester
Jester71.com - me, myself and more...