Road trip!

Started by Harvey Birdman, March 25, 2008, 10:30:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harvey Birdman

Yeah, yeah....  :D

No biggy. The car has an appointment with the insurance adjuster tomorrow and should be whole again by Wednesday. Or so they say. Could have been worse.

rcallicotte

Will, you're a gas.  Again.  :P

Harvey, that's some boo-boo.  Glad we can see a photo of it...from you.  Another thing, that road looks spectacular, like it could be a tremendous inspiration for when you get back rendering again.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Oshyan

Yes, I think a lot of people don't really know the true beauty of Utah, but having been through parts of over 30 of our great United States, I can say with confidence that it is one of the most beautiful in the country. The canyon lands are truly spectacular.

Btw the car damage is surprisingly small considering your description of what happened. Very lucky!

- Oshyan

Harvey Birdman

Quote from: Oshyan on March 30, 2008, 06:08:01 PM
Btw the car damage is surprisingly small considering your description of what happened. Very lucky!

- Oshyan

For sure. The explanation is the coefficient of friction between the tires and the road was exactly 0.0.

:D

Anthing more and it wouldn't have played out as it did; as it was, when the truck wheels started to ride up across the bumper and into the back of the car, the car just squirted out from under it.

The truck didn't stop; he did the right thing. The accident in font of us had at least two patrol cars stopped and several vehicles; there were at least a half dozen people standing in the road. If he had touched his brakes like I did and started sliding sideways, he'd have cleaned out the entire scene. Once I got rolling again, I did see a semi pulled over on the shoulder a mile or two further down the road. It could have been the guy I'd tangled with, but I have no way of knowing; I wasn't about to try stopping again myself.

sonshine777

Quote from: Harvey Birdman on March 30, 2008, 10:28:03 AM
Hey, all -

Here's a pic of a little feature I spotted near the road in Utah. Nothing terribly significant, I just thought it looked cool with the erratics sitting in the foreground.

Nice picture Harvey. I couldn't help noticing those "Out of place rocks" as we like to call them in TG2 land. Just amazing isn't it how things we think don't look natural in one of our renders, looks perfectly natural in real life.

Glad to see that you and your car survived the Boo Boo incident  with minor injuries.  ;)

Thanks for keeping us posted on your trip and supplying us with some great photos of the country.

rcallicotte

I'm seeing this more and more, especially as critiques are made on images from TG2 about terrain or clouds or foliage.  Sometimes nature is stranger than fiction.   ;D

Quote from: sonshine777 on March 30, 2008, 10:35:44 PM

I couldn't help noticing those "Out of place rocks" as we like to call them in TG2 land. Just amazing isn't it how things we think don't look natural in one of our renders, looks perfectly natural in real life.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?