Scripts and Watter on Tg2

Started by silviotoledo, March 25, 2008, 11:40:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

silviotoledo

Two questions.

1) How do I import scripts on Terragen II? I mean camera positions without using the timeline.
kinda TGS files.

2) How do I create the inbetween surface between watter and terrin when I apply watter?

http://www.planetside.co.uk/gallery/f/tg09/Ter148.jpg.html
I mean this kind of inbetween shade. when I import a terrain and add watter latter.

Silvio Toledo

MooseDog

Quote from: silviotoledo on March 25, 2008, 11:40:02 AM
1) How do I import scripts on Terragen II? I mean camera positions without using the timeline.
kinda TGS files.

tg2 reads files formatted in the .chan format.  lots of answers on this forum if you search that.  short story, either your app generates such formatted files, or you need to write your own script to do so.

Quote from: silviotoledo on March 25, 2008, 11:40:02 AM
2) How do I create the inbetween surface between watter and terrin when I apply watter?

don't think this alpha software does this quite yet, but this community has been assured it's coming.

good luck!

Oshyan

Moose answered your questions pretty well. TG2 can import the .CHAN animation format, although it's not its "native" animation format. Because TG2 uses human-readable XML files for scene description and you can animate virtually any parameter, it does not currently have an explicit and separate animation file format. If you can write simple software you could convert a TGS script to TG2 .tgd XML format, or create a program that writes directly to .tgd files. When you animate in TG2 the keyframes are stored in the .tgd as sequential sets of values for a given node. Keep in mind that all animation functions are only available the "Deep + Animation" version.

For your second question I assume you are referring to water transparency. As Moose stated this is a feature not yet available in the current public Technology Previews, but it will be available in the beta (for registered users only). Once TG2 is released it will also include this feature and the free public version will be updated some time after that.

- Oshyan