Cloud Library

Started by rcallicotte, March 25, 2008, 01:40:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lightning

heres my clip file for my dawn patrol render
enjoy!

rcallicotte

Grey skies with storm clouds brewing...
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

old_blaggard

Wow, that's a really nice one Calico!
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

child@play

yep, outstanding. thanks for sharing :)
perfection is not when there's nothing more to add, it's reached when nothing more can be left out

Tangled-Universe

That looks nice Calico, thanks for sharing :)

Seth

Quote from: calico on April 24, 2008, 12:43:25 PM

that's a very very cool shot !!!

rcallicotte

Thanks.  I'm working on another one.

child@play

this is a placeholder, will post my seperated clouds here aswell, plus a 'stacked' version, as soon as the preview render is finished
perfection is not when there's nothing more to add, it's reached when nothing more can be left out

rcallicotte

Cool.  I'm still working on my next version of clouds.

Quote from: child@play on April 26, 2008, 08:10:39 AM
this is a placeholder, will post my seperated clouds here aswell, plus a 'stacked' version, as soon as the preview render is finished

rcallicotte

Simple clouds.

BlueRose

Hey there are some really cool clouds in here, but I feel *really really* dumb.

Once I download my file, how do I use it?

Where is the option to use clouds as per the attached file?

(it is late and I worked over 9 hrs today- brain dumb)

rcallicotte

To use a TGC, use select File / Insert Clip File and then find the TGC file associated with what you've downloaded.

In the default TGD, you'll find the default atmosphere.  If the TGC you inserted does not have an atmosphere attached to it, go into the Node Network to find the atmosphere.  Connect the atmosphere's output to the input of the cloud's node.  The output coming out of the cloud's node needs to go into the Planet object's Atmosphere Shader input.

If the TGC already has an atmosphere, then simply select the output from the lowest node in the clip file's node structure and connect it to the Planet object's Atmosphere Shader input.  After that, the default atmosphere (that you aren't using anymore) can be deleted...or whatever.

If this doesn't make sense, consider going to the beginner tutorials to learn more about TG2.  Hope this helps.

Quote from: BlueRose on April 30, 2008, 06:16:04 AM
Hey there are some really cool clouds in here, but I feel *really really* dumb.

Once I download my file, how do I use it?

Where is the option to use clouds as per the attached file?

(it is late and I worked over 9 hrs today- brain dumb)

rcallicotte

This is a muli-layered cloud pack.  It uses a Distance Shader as a Blending Shader on four of the Density Shaders.  Various things are possible, due to the six layers of clouds.  The Atmosphere is included in the TGC.

This TGC (get it below) will work in the latest Alpha, of course, but it will work in version 1.9.04.1, since this was where it was created.

[edit - see below under Multiple Clouds TGC; the TGC was removed and replaced with the clouds_multiple.tgc below]

Mandrake

Quote from: calico on April 24, 2008, 12:43:25 PM
ohhhh, I like this one. Will be using this. Thanks :)

rcallicotte

This belongs to the above multi-layered cloud pack.  Same TGC, except I changed settings in all of the clouds and reconnected the Distance Shader with different settings.  This one looks better.  If you have already downloaded this, I apologize.  Please try it again.  If you haven't, you should try it.  It's much better.