Cloud Library

Started by rcallicotte, March 25, 2008, 01:40:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

t0mr1ddle

Kexikus

Quote from: dandelO on April 07, 2012, 03:12:08 PM
* EDIT: Fixed the post to show attachments. OOOHHHH! Trippy shadow effect! ;) *

Here's a thing I was playing with and thought it would be a good idea to tidy it up to make it easily usable as a clipfile. It provides up to 3 extra levels of added detail based on Voronoi noise to the cloud layer. This might be useful as another approach at creating the 'mackerel' effect in the sky as it adds continually decreasing cells to the layer. Further warping and/or stretching(not included) could probably be tweaked to make some cool 'herringbone' effects, too. Have a play.

(cut)

I was searching this topic and found dandelO's post but sadly there's no download link to be found there. So now I was wondering if anyone has a copy of this file to send me? Or if someone could otherwise help me in creating clouds similar to those in the picture labeled "1 level Voronoi" in the post I quoted.

Thank you very much :)

bobbystahr

Here's an interesting cloud and though not as a .tgc is easily saved as such out of the project as it's neatly packed.
The terrain for this lives here on my machine so you'll have to re-path it
E:\0Terrains\BumpsAndCanyons\Bumps and Canyons.ter
and it's from AP here:
http://www.planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,19166.msg187299.html#msg187299
with the additional erosion I play with for masks.
The Density Fractal of the Cloud runs through a Transform shader and I've rotated the fractal 90 degrees in the X and Y..never knew you could do that. It's quite changed from the default setting as you can see if you mess around with the .tgd.
The tree pop is OC12_Eucalyptus_globulus_Bluegum_tgo\Models\OC12_6.tgo and is from the XFROG freebies, the 2 grasses are from Dune's NWDA freebie.
Big thanks to A P fore the inspirational share.

something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

bigben

hmmm that Tassie blue gum looks like an isolated specimen growing in California rather than one in a forest in Tasmania.   ;)  ... but I digress...

bobbystahr

Quote from: bigben on July 17, 2017, 03:18:13 AM
hmmm that Tassie blue gum looks like an isolated specimen growing in California rather than one in a forest in Tasmania.   ;)  ... but I digress...

Just filler Ben, it's all about the clouds in this project.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

rolland1013

I'm still pretty new here, so forgive me if this has been done already.  I've been creating a few scenes for a tv series we're working on and most of the scenes require clouds.  The new clouds in TG4 are great, but I get a little confused by the differences between them.  I realize once I select a cloud I'll be making numerous tweaks to them, so the initial settings aren't important.  But I would still like to know what their initial appearance is.  So I created a cheat sheet for myself, and I figured I'd share it here if it's of any value to anyone.

p.s. Now with TG 4.1 out I'm sure the render times are different.

Niel

bobbystahr

Quote from: rolland1013 on July 31, 2017, 06:00:34 PM
I'm still pretty new here, so forgive me if this has been done already.  I've been creating a few scenes for a tv series we're working on and most of the scenes require clouds.  The new clouds in TG4 are great, but I get a little confused by the differences between them.  I realize once I select a cloud I'll be making numerous tweaks to them, so the initial settings aren't important.  But I would still like to know what their initial appearance is.  So I created a cheat sheet for myself, and I figured I'd share it here if it's of any value to anyone.

p.s. Now with TG 4.1 out I'm sure the render times are different.

Niel

Thanks Niel, this is a handy reference.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Dune

Handy indeed, thanks for posting.

luvsmuzik

Quote from: bobbystahr on July 16, 2017, 11:34:51 PM
Here's an interesting cloud and though not as a .tgc is easily saved as such out of the project as it's neatly packed.
The Density Fractal of the Cloud runs through a Transform shader and I've rotated the fractal 90 degrees in the X and Y..never knew you could do that. It's quite changed from the default setting as you can see if you mess around with the .tgd.

Thanks bobby!

bobbystahr

Quote from: luvsmuzik on August 03, 2017, 01:50:01 PM
Quote from: bobbystahr on July 16, 2017, 11:34:51 PM

Thanks bobby!

most welcome, have fun
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

AndyWelder

Thank you, Bobby, for the "Bumps and Canyons" file!
"Ik rotzooi maar wat aan" Karel Appel

bobbystahr

Quote from: AndyWelder on August 08, 2017, 05:23:52 AM
Thank you, Bobby, for the "Bumps and Canyons" file!

Most welcome Andy, have fun.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

zaxxon

Here is a tgc from an image I made from last year using an EZ Cloud set up. If anyone wants the World Machine .ter and the tgd (minus plants of course), let me know.

original post:

http://www.planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,21981.msg221213.html#msg221213

bobbystahr

Thanks for Thursday, wouldn't say no to the .ter & .tgd...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

AP

A couple of large clouds.