Pylon and small power station

Started by scott8933, March 27, 2008, 04:41:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scott8933

This is a pylon (powerline holder-upper) model, with a small "station" you can use to terminate a series of them. The pylon has separate groups including the wires, so you can chain as many as you need together.

See pic for ref.

I haven't tested these in TG2 yet, so post any problems and I'll re-export them as necessary.

Also, had to split up the pylon from the wire so the attachment would come in under 520k, but hopefully they'll line up again...

first of three

scott8933

second of three, the wires

scott8933

last of three, the station

rcallicotte

So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Oshyan

You can also post these at Ashundar without a size limit. :) http://www.ashundar.com/

- Oshyan

Alf15000

joshbakr

Thanks for sharing! I suppose these will have to be converted to obj. to be used in TG?

scott8933

For some reason, I thought TG2 had a 3ds loader, I must have gotten confused between that and the lwo one.

If you all wait 'til later today I'll post an easier-to-deal-with .obj version of the files over as ashundar, or if I have time a tgo file.

joshbakr

Quote from: scott8933 on March 28, 2008, 11:15:49 AM
For some reason, I thought TG2 had a 3ds loader, I must have gotten confused between that and the lwo one.

If you all wait 'til later today I'll post an easier-to-deal-with .obj version of the files over as ashundar, or if I have time a tgo file.

Thanks Again! That would be great! These will really come in handy.

sonshine777

scott8933, I have been working on the model in Cinema 4D and almost have it textured and combined with the wires.what would you like me to do with them? (I can post them on Ashunder in your name if you would like)

Also I have placed all of the parts at 0,0,0 for easier placement.

I can also break it into parts like you had it.

I haven't done the power (sub) station yet.

scott8933

Hey thanks!

Go ahead and post away! Just as long as it stays free, I don't mind what anyone does with it. I'd love to see what it ends up in too.

As a bit of trivia, the lines and substations were originally made for the Incredibles trailer #1, the one where we fly through the city. They were way wayyy in the back, so I don't think they're visible unless you see it in HD.

I was hoping to parts raid that model for other stuff; there were some radio antennas and a guardrail I thought people might like, but its all proving to be too specific to that project.

But if anyone would like a radio antenna (with guy-wires) and guard rail, just let me know. Add a little ugly to your landscape!

Mr_Lamppost

Can we credit you as The Man Who Spoilt A Million Landscapes?   ::) ;D

Thanks for sharing.
Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast.

scott8933

I've always loved pylons - grew up in Southern California, and took a million trips to the surrounding deserts as a kid, you know, Anza Berrago, Death Valley, Utah and beyond (mom was afraid to fly, so always car trips!).

For some reason, I always kind of like their juxtaposition with the landscape. They have the loneliest job - unmanned, no friends nearby. Just these spindly outposts crisscrossing the middles of nowhere, serviced by some barely maintained dirt road.

And getting right under them, that crackle sound you hear - that just scares the hell out of me. Especially if its drizzling out, like the raindrops are going to bring some of the high voltage down on my head.

But yeah, I can see how most people hate the things.

And for the record, I'm afraid of fountains.

So do I fit in with the TG community with that combination of fetish and phobia?

All in good fun of course!

Quote from: Mr_Lamppost on March 29, 2008, 06:15:01 PM
Can we credit you as The Man Who Spoilt A Million Landscapes?   ::) ;D

Thanks for sharing.

joshbakr

Additional thanks to sonshine777 for converting and adding textures. And to Ashundar for hosting the files.  :)